We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Southampton pier to its bus terminal

Which Southampton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
2 posts
Save Topic
Getting from Southampton pier to its bus terminal

I'm on a budget and a very tight schedule and I need to get from the cruise pier in Southampton to the Southampton bus terminal to catch the Nat'l Express coach to Heathrow. Is it within walking distance or would I have to take a cab? If a cab is needed, are they readily available at the dock? Also, how long does it generally take to get from the dock to the bus station? I need to make reservations and am not sure which one to catch. Thanks!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,874 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Southampton pier to its bus terminal

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186299-i695-k28…

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Southampton pier to its bus terminal

You can walk but if you are at the QE2 dock (38/9 or dock gate 4) it's quite far. A taxi would cost about £5.

If you can afford a £1000 cruise I don't think a £5 taxi will break the bank.

3. Re: Getting from Southampton pier to its bus terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Southampton