We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick to Southampton

Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick to Southampton

We are taking a cruise out of Southampton and are planning on going directly from Gatwick to Southampton after arriving on a very long international flight. We've decided to spring for a car service rather than hassle with luggage, the train, etc. Any recommendations on car services?

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick to Southampton

I don't have info re car services but suspect others soon will post some suggestions. For comparison purposes here's what a rail transfer would cost:

£18.60 per person departing Gatwick Airport from 0911hrs onwards on weekdays or at any time on weekends. Train frequency is once per hour with no changes i.e. direct from Gatwick Airport to Southampton, journey time 1hr 50min. There's no need to book ahead for these tickets - they are available at this price at Gatwick Airport on morning of travel.

If you can't find a suitable car service or it does not meet your budget at least you have the above option to fall back on.

2. Re: Gatwick to Southampton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 pm, July 24, 2009
Regina...
Level Contributor
96 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick to Southampton

In May 2008 we booked a transfer from Gatwick to Dover with Adelphi and highly recommend them. The driver was Darren Parsons. We were delayed at the airport due to lost luggage, and I wouldn't have blamed him had he decided we had backed out of the deal ... but even after everyone else on the flight had left, and close to an hour after we landed, there he was, holding a sign with our name! Worth the money, as after a long flight (Calgary - Manchester - Gatwick), we slept most of the way to Dover. Likely would have missed our train stop, had we taken the train!

www.adelphiexecutivehire.co.uk -- Email:

info@adelphiexecutivehire.co.uk

I think we paid £130.00 GBP, which was total price for our group of 3. We were met at arrivals in Gatwick. This was the best price I have seen for a private transfer.

4. Re: Gatwick to Southampton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, November 03, 2009