We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating Places recommendations plse

Which Southampton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
105 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Eating Places recommendations plse

Hi,

After some advice,I am visiting Southampton weekend 27/6/08 with wife and two teenage sons ( who can eat for England)and we are staying at a hotel on West Quay road.

I am looking for ideas for good value eating places suitable for family, 1st night within walking distance we like Italian, Chinese or pub grub. I would appreciate any suggestions/recommendations please.

Also looking to find a good Sunday lunch place prior to returning home in Southampton/Fareham areaI would again appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

SB

Southampton
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating Places recommendations plse

Hiya,

Head to Oxford Street, there is a couple of Italians (Pizza Express/Presso etc) but I would really recommend Charlie Chans if you are after a Chinese. I adore this place, it does a fab all you can eat, all the food cooked fresh for you, yummy. But anyway, Oxford Street is fully of restaurants and a couple of pubs, has a lovely buzz about it in the evenings.

Have a lovely weekend!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
105 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating Places recommendations plse

Thanks Topsy - will take advice.

SB

hampshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating Places recommendations plse

you could try pilgrims chinese resturant eat as much as you want for fixed price menu. tables have lazy susan in middle ,dont fancy your chances if your kids are as greedy as mine!!!lilly

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
105 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating Places recommendations plse

Thanks for info.

SB

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating Places recommendations plse

I went to Pilgrims Chinese a couple months back to celebrate a friend of mines birthday in the evening...there were abouot 10 of us, we all had the buffet, and we were all very impressed. The restaurent was very busy but the service was always very good, and cheerful. I think we ended up spending more on the drinks than the food. But I would certainly recommend anyone to that chinese.

ausis
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating Places recommendations plse

you could try pilgrims Chinese restaurant eat as much as you want for fixed price menu. tables have lazy Susan in middle ,don't fancy your chances if your kids are as greedy as mine!!!

================================

miker

[url="http://jobs.gov-auctions.org"]Job Opportunities[/url]

7. Re: Eating Places recommendations plse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, October 03, 2009