We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cannoli

Which Southampton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
279 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Cannoli

Hi. I'll be in the Southampton area (staying near Botley) this weekend and in my never ending search of the Sicilian cake cannoli, please can anyone tell me if they know of anywhere in the area where I might be able to get them. Thank you.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cannoli

I can't help you but I was wondering. Are you searching for one because you love them or because you've never had one?

If you've never had one then I'll clarify that it isn't a 'cake' but a pastry. It's a shell filled with a wonderfully sweetend ricotta cheese usually with chocolate chips and shaved pistachios on the ends and powdered sugar sprinkled on top. They are heaven. I'm Sicilian decent and they are a tradition in my family.

I hope you find one! Google Italian bakeries in Southampton.

2. Re: Cannoli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 19, 2009