We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southampton pier to rail station distance

Which Southampton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol,CT
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Southampton pier to rail station distance

Is the southern train station in close proximity to the ships pier?? Only 2 of us and no rush to get to Gatwick. I see the fare is 22.80 / person. Can I purchase ticket on line or @ the train station?

Thanks

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southampton pier to rail station distance

CT, I'm not sure what you mean by the southern train station, but have a look at the maps here:

visit-southampton.co.uk/site/maps-of-southam…

You can purchase a ticket online or at the station, but if you buy it ahead of time it will probably be less expensive. Check out www.nationalrail.co.uk or www.thetrainline.co.uk

Bristol,CT
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southampton pier to rail station distance

Hello Lee,

What I was trying to say was the trains to Gatwick are the trains from the southern route. The station in Southampton is called Southampton-Central (SOU), from the link you sent of Southampton if the cruise ships dock at the western pier the distance to the train station looks <a 1/2 mile correct??

Thanks

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Southampton pier to rail station distance

The particular journey you are making is normally no cheaper purchased in advance. You might as well purchase at the station.

Except the trainline are offering a £5 discount on tickets over £20 at the moment - code LTLL5D - so if the offer is still valid for when you want to book go for that. Pay by debit card and avoid their CC fee.

4. Re: Southampton pier to rail station distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 28, 2009