We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week with toddler

Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Week with toddler

We are thinking about booking a weeks holiday in the New Forest in June with our one year old. Just wondering if there would be enough to do if the weather is bad?

At the moment we are looking at the Elmer's Court apartments in Lymington as this would give us self-catering with access to the hotel pool. What's this like in terms of location? Reviews on here seem pretty good. Is there anywhere else similar we could look at?

Thanks in advance.

Oxton, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Week with toddler

Hi Beccah you beat me to the post! was about to ask a similar question in regards to my 2yr old. This forum post is rather helpful though `Things_to_do_and_afternoon_tea-` if you can find it. And if you are driving Ive just discovered there are indoor soft playcentres in Bournemouth :0)

Oxton, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Week with toddler

Southampton...NOT Bournemouth!!...haha

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,845 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Week with toddler

I assume you will have a car otherwise relying on buses/trains could be quite limiting.

Bournemouth, Poole, Winchester, Salisbury are all within easy drive from Lymington

I think the soft play are being referred to is http://www.gambado.com/clubs/eastleigh/ our children are all adult now so no experience of it.

From reviews it may be a bit noisy for a one year old tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g503826-…

Edited: 7:24 am, February 03, 2014
Southampton
Level Contributor
4,015 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Week with toddler

I would recommend Longdown dairy farm and the New Forest Wildlife park for families.

5. Re: Week with toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 05, 2015