We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stopping off in the New Forest...

kent
Level Contributor
156 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Stopping off in the New Forest...

We are driving from Cornwall back to London in Sept and to break the journey up for the kids, we are planning on a stop of a day and night in the New Forest. Will we be able to find a B&B or any sort of overnight accomodation at this time of year? Any suggestions where to stay...?

Also, anything nice to do for 1 day with the kids (ages 4 & 7)?

Many thanks,

Emma x

Mentioned in this post
Cornwall
Cornwall
England, UK
London
London
England, UK
kent
Level Contributor
156 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Stopping off in the New Forest...

Many thanks Sue, you have been really helpful.

Just one more thing...my husband has had the 'wonderful' idea of maybe stopping off at a campsite with pre-erected tents (despite the fact that I will be 7 months pregnant!) Would you know of any?

Kind regards,

Emma x

Hampshire
Level Contributor
338 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Stopping off in the New Forest...

Hi Emma

You've got me there, I didn't know you could stay on campsites in Pre-erected tents! There are tons of campsites but I'm afraid I wouldn't have a clue.

Did you read my previous post about things to do?

Hampshire
Level Contributor
338 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Stopping off in the New Forest...

There are lots of things I can think of, some ideas below:

A few hours at the Liberty and Raptor Centre, watch them fly the birds of prey, see all the reptiles etc.

Longdown Activity Farm, you can wander round and feed the baby goats, cuddle the rabbits etc.

Crabbing at Mudeford - my step children used to love doing this when they were younger - it's free and strangely addictive!!

Mackerel fishing on a boat from Mudeford - probably not so good as your youngest may be a bit too young.

From Mudeford you can take a little ferry over to Hengisbury Head (costs £1 from memory) on Henigsbury there is a gorgeous beach and a little mini train that will take you round the spit.

Take a horse drawn carriage ride from Burley - Children love this

Everything I've recommended is animal based - I hope that's ok

Mentioned in this post
Burley
Burley
Ringwood, UK
14. Re: Stopping off in the New Forest...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 20, 2010
Get answers to your questions about New Forest National...