We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best camp site for reluctant camper!

London
Level Contributor
285 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Best camp site for reluctant camper!

Experts, please can you tell me the best camp site in the New Forest, is it Hollands Wood Caravan Park and Campsite? I love the outdoors and want to find the most beautiful spot for us as my friend is very reluctant to camp so I really want it to be a great nature experience....thanks!

Mentioned in this post
The New Forest
The New Forest
327 Reviews
Ashurst, UK
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best camp site for reluctant camper!

The words "reluctant to camp" don't come anywhere near to describing my feelings about camping - wild New Forest ponies couldn't drag me to a campsite. So, if your friend is anything like me, any site had better be 5-star-plus at the very least. Have you seen the reviews of Hollands Wood:

www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp…

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
42,945 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best camp site for reluctant camper!

Hey carlitas, how the devil are you? I hope you are not as fussy about campsites as restaurants :-). Your post on the Amsterdam forum is still talked about today.

Sorry can't offer any advice on camping as I'm alergic to tents LOL.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
London
Level Contributor
285 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best camp site for reluctant camper!

Hey Ronaldo! that's so funny! Camping in the New Forest should be easier..perhaps!! x

Mentioned in this post
The New Forest
The New Forest
327 Reviews
Ashurst, UK
London
Level Contributor
285 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best camp site for reluctant camper!

Thanks Orkney man...useful but messy site..I will see what others suggest, may the best one I know of as a few others don't have any showers etc....

Mentioned in this post
Orkney Islands
Orkney Islands
Scotland, UK
London
Level Contributor
285 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best camp site for reluctant camper!

We went to Hollands Wood, nice place if you get a good spot, otherwise road noise on the pitches that remain...we decided not to stay there, too many large groups of men drinking very heavily for us and it was only the afternoon...we found Long Meadow campsite nearby and loved it!

Mentioned in this post
Long Meadow Campsite
Long Meadow Campsite
165 Reviews
Brockenhurst, UK
England
Level Contributor
70 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best camp site for reluctant camper!

I would suggest you browse the uk camping and caravaning site a bit more, have camped in the new forest a few times but have yet to find a quiet enough site with decent facilities, maybe the new forest might not be the best choice?

London
Level Contributor
285 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best camp site for reluctant camper!

Yes I agree but Long Meadow Campsite was just right for us, nice people, lots of space and great showers....

Mentioned in this post
Long Meadow Campsite
Long Meadow Campsite
165 Reviews
Brockenhurst, UK
8. Re: Best camp site for reluctant camper!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 02, 2010
Get answers to your questions about New Forest National...