We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brockenhurst to Waterloo

Queensland...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Brockenhurst to Waterloo

Hi everyone,

On Saturday, 22nd September, I need to catch an early morning train from Brockenhurst to Waterloo to catch the Eurostar. Is it advisable to book this ahead of time, or would just in the week prior be soon enough? I will be in England for six weeks before needing to use this train. Fares I have found at the moment are around 35GBP for two. Does this price remain the same, or would it be an advance booking fare? Seems a bit expensive, as I just paid 50euros for two from Paris to Milan. Thanks for any advice!!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,623 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brockenhurst to Waterloo

Although I don't live around there I would suspect this is a commuter route so leaving early in the morning it will be pretty busy so I would try to get a reserved seat if this is even possible. I did a quick check on thetrainline.com and got 30.80 pounds which is actually the walk up single fare so if you are getting 35 pounds for two then take it. Trains in the uk are generally not cheap especially if you are travelling in peak hours.

50 Euros from Paris to milan for two, now thats a real bargain

Queensland...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brockenhurst to Waterloo

Thanks for your help RonaldoC! Thought being a Saturday it might not be so busy, but will take your advice and book it, as I need to be sure to get to London in time for the Eurostar.

Yes, I thought the 50euros for two, Paris to Milan was a bit too good to be true when I saw it, but I've got the confirmation email, so I guess it's right...........:)

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,623 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brockenhurst to Waterloo

Oh right, sorry I didn't read the Saturday bit. Well you should be ok then but to get the cheap seats you should book in advance anyway.

hampshire
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Brockenhurst to Waterloo

Hi Maz

Did you get any replies about your train journey? I have to go from Brockenhurst to Waterloo to catch the Eurostar on the 14 October so would be interested in getting your reply.

Claire

5. Re: Brockenhurst to Waterloo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 05, 2009