We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello, Bristol town centre or temple meads to tetbury ?

Plymouth, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Hello, Bristol town centre or temple meads to tetbury ?

Hello

I'm planning on surprising my boyfriend by taking him to the Enchanted Forest near Tetbury this weekend 26th November (saturday).

On the website for this event it mentions that there is a posible route to get there via Yate, but I'm having trouble finding which buses and routes I need to get on as I really dont know Bristol at all!

Please someone help?

Thank you

3 replies to this topic
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,382 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hello, Bristol town centre or temple meads to tetbury ?

www.travelinesw.com/swe/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2…

should help - not an easy journey

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,766 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hello, Bristol town centre or temple meads to tetbury ?

Not an easy journey at all - Tetbury is not easy to get to from anywhere by public transport.

The nearest main line Rail Stations are at Kemble or Stroud but you will need to take a train from Brstol to Cheltenham or Swindon and change there. However, the bus timetables you need to get from those stations to Tetbury are available here:

From Kemble: …gloucestershire.gov.uk/Bustimes/…881SA.HTML

From Stroud: …gloucestershire.gov.uk/Bustimes/…Q29MS.HTML

Note that the Enchanted Forest is at Westonbirt which is outside Tetbury and not served by either of these buses. Ironically, there used to be a bus (620) that ran from Bath through Yate to Westonbirt and Tetbury (which is probably the one mentioned on the website) but the budget cuts killed it a few months ago.

Phil-the-Bus

Edited: 7:19 am, November 24, 2011
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,766 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hello, Bristol town centre or temple meads to tetbury ?

UPDATE

The current bus service past Westonbirt is service 27 - see …gloucestershire.gov.uk/Bustimes/…Q20SA.HTML . It connects (in theory) at Old Sodbury with bus service 620 to/from Yate & Bath and there are lots of buses between Bristol and Yate. However it would involve a lot of messing around and I would question whether it is really worth it.

Phil-the-bus

Reply to: Hello, Bristol town centre or temple meads to tetbury ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tetbury
More Tetbury Topics