We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train travel - "the Stroud Special" - how much does it cost?

Which Stroud hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Train travel - "the Stroud Special" - how much does it cost?

www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Content.aspx…

I must be being a bit dim here, but I can't see what the train fares are for this journey. What am I not understanding?

Here's part of their blurb: "First Great Western has launched a new opportunity in conjunction with the traders and people of Stroud. Travel on our high speed train from Paddington station, leaving at 0948 each week day. In just over 90 minutes you’ll be in the heart of the Gloucestershire countryside, enjoying the views of the Cotswolds and exploring this charming market town.

Your return train leaves at 1705, getting you back to Paddington station at 1839.

Your Stroud Special train ticket will entitle you to a range of discounts in the shops, cafes and restaurants of Stroud. Just show your ticket to claim your discount.

The Stroud Special is available for travel from London Paddington or Reading to Stroud, and return. "

Which is all well and good, but where are the prices? :-)

2 replies to this topic
space coast, fl
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train travel - "the Stroud Special" - how much does it cost?

I couldn't see it either, but the cheapest I found was leaving and returning a bit later at 8GBP each way.

I'm always looking for inexpensive day trips.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train travel - "the Stroud Special" - how much does it cost?

Thanks Julih!

Reply to: Train travel - "the Stroud Special" - how much does it cost?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stroud