We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floods

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Floods

We are coing to the Cotswolds at the end of August. I know it is a long way off but I was wondering if anyone knows if the Stonehouse area near Stroud is affected as we are booked to stay there. As long as the area is not totally flooded or without water we still want to go as they will need the tourism as I suspect many people will not travel because of this.

England
Level Contributor
82 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Floods

You should be fine, flood water has receeded and water is due to be restored to all areas by Thursday.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Floods

Parts of Stonehouse and some of the surrounding villages had a 24hour water stoppage last week but all is fine there now. I live in a village just outside Stonehouse and have noticed some damage to roads (pot holes) from the flooding but nothing else.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Floods

Thanks for letting me know, that's a relief, I have been wanting to holiday at the Cotswolds since being a little girl and thought my dream was going to be dashed, I hope you haven't been badly affected although I know many people have and my heart goes out to them.

Michelle

evesham
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Floods

Warren, i travel to stroud from Evesham everyday for work i,m sorry but i can,t for the life of me understand why anyone would want to stay in stonehouse apart from the location close to the M5 motorway.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Floods

We are just staying in a travelodge and using it as a base to travel around the cotswolds, Cheltenham and Glouceter etc. Not bothered about there being anything there as we will only be sleeping there !!

evesham
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Floods

Warren, should be ok then, make sure you visit bourton on the water.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Floods

Will do thanks for the tip, if you have any more throw them my way, thanks.

evesham
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Floods

Yeah plenty, Broadway, Evesham, Stratford on avon, Chipping Campden, Snowshill, The slaughters and Winchcombe, that,s afew to just to be getting on with bonny lass.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Floods

Thanks, been to Evesham many years ago when we went on a barge holiday would be lovely to go back. I love SOA was there last year when I went on a barge holiday with my kids. What's Stow on the Wold like....always wanted to go to Cotswolds after reading cider with Rosie as a kid - hope it lives up to my expectations.

evesham
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Floods

Stow is just a few miles up the road from bourton on water.

Get answers to your questions about Stroud