We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Stow-on-the-Wold
Search

Picnic supplies in Stow- on-the-wold?

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Picnic supplies in Stow- on-the-wold?
Save

I will be bringing a group of high school students to the cotswolds in April and plan to begin in Stow and walk to Lower Slaughter. I would love to enjoy a picnic on our ramble- any suggestions where we might be able to pic up some sandwiches etc before we head out? Is there a market or a tea shop that might be able to feed our hungry crowd? (30 of us together) Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
13,254 posts
98 reviews
67 helpful votes
1. Re: Picnic supplies in Stow- on-the-wold?
Save

Try this link

http://www.go-stow.co.uk/catlist.asp?catID=10

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Picnic supplies in Stow- on-the-wold?
Save

Thank you!

Cotswold baguettes looks like just the ticket!

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
13,254 posts
98 reviews
67 helpful votes
3. Re: Picnic supplies in Stow- on-the-wold?
Save

It's a pleasure Deborah,

Enjoy your time there and the rest of your trip

Bob

4. Re: Picnic supplies in Stow- on-the-wold?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:48 pm, December 22, 2015

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
5. Re: Picnic supplies in Stow- on-the-wold?
Save

Though possibly less quaint, a large group will get faster (and cheaper and less disruptive to other customers) service at the Stow Tesco.

And, sad to say, probably more nutritious than most artisanal sandwich shops. Ignore the inevitable jokes about horsemeat this blinding glimpse of the obvious (and manifestly true) will provoke from the anti-Tesco bigots.

6. Re: Picnic supplies in Stow- on-the-wold?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:48 pm, December 22, 2015
Edited: 2:48 pm, December 22, 2015

Stow-on-the-Wold...
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Picnic supplies in Stow- on-the-wold?
Save

Cotswold baquette will do you well. Be advised it is very small. A one man operation & no seating. 30 of you wouldn't fit in there. If you chose this option contact them and maybe pre order.

Do you have a route for your walk. Guessing you will go lower swell and across to lower slaughter .?

I live in stow and happy to give further advise.

When I get to my PC can post you some good links.

Simon

Reply to: Picnic supplies in Stow- on-the-wold?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stow-on-the-Wold