We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Stow-on-the-Wold
Search

has anyone used chauffeur driven tours

arizona
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
has anyone used chauffeur driven tours
Save

Has anyone used a chauffeur driven tour of the Cotswolds or other parts of the UK? My sister and I will spend 2 weeks in England and north Wales next May and are trying to choose between renting a car or hiring a chauffeur driven tour for at least 4-5 days of our trip from the U.S.

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
16 reviews
44 helpful votes
1. Re: has anyone used chauffeur driven tours
Save

I wouldn't waste money on a chauffeur driven tour. The Cotswold region is relatively small and has beautiful side roads you can explore in a hire car. With a map you will easily get from place to place. May is a perfect time to come. The cow parsley adorns the roadside verges, every tree and shrub will be in flower, hedgerows are white with may blossom. It will be fantastic. Such a shame to restrict yourself to a guided tour.

arizona
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: has anyone used chauffeur driven tours
Save

Thanks so much. We are a little bit nervous about driving although I have driven many times in the Bahamas on the left. No problem there. Do you suggest renting a car in London or taking a train to the Cotswold area and hiring a car? Our original plan has been to rent a car and stop where ever we like for as long as we like. So I think we will stick to our first plan.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: has anyone used chauffeur driven tours
Save

If you are still a little nervous of driving, I would get a train to Moreton-in-Marsh and then hire a car there. Try http://www.eveshamselfdrive.co.uk/ I have not used then myself but my guests have and they seemed happy with the service which includes delivery of the car to you at the station.

Brin67

4. Re: has anyone used chauffeur driven tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 08, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Stow-on-the-Wold