We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on accommodation in Cheltenham please!

Which Cheltenham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on accommodation in Cheltenham please!

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could suggest a nice hotel or b&b for me to stay in Cheltenham this July please?

As I am a female travelling alone, the most vital thing is that it is in easy walking distance of the High Street/Montpellier etc and is in a safe, populated area.

It also has to be very clean and well decorated.

I can't afford the extortionate prices at the Queens, George Hotel etc, around about £70 a night would be my maximum.

Thanks alot,

Kay

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on accommodation in Cheltenham please!

Hi Kay,

Try the Montpellier Hotel as it's right in the middle of Montpellier! If you're familiar with the location of the Queens Hotel, it's basically a couple of minutes walk further up the road (on the other side of the tennis courts).

Their website is http://www.montpellier-hotel.co.uk

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on accommodation in Cheltenham please!

Thank you I will check that out! Also, can I ask please if you have heard of the following 4 B&Bs and what you think of them?

The Abbey Hotel, Bath Parade

Butlers Hotel, Western Road

Lypiatt House, Montpellier

Wyastone Hotel, Montpellier

My main concern is that they are clean, tidy and reputable. Also in walking distance of the High Street.

I had a bad experience with a smelly hotel in Dublin so now feel I have check places out as far as possible!

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on accommodation in Cheltenham please!

You've chosen a very fine selection of hotels and I would say it's very difficult to pick one out of that list.

From a safety point of view, I would probably recommend The Abbey Hotel as it's as close to the town centre as you will probably get. It's also set amongst a row of terraced houses and is well lit, whereas the others are slightly further away from the town centre and you may feel uneasy walking to and from them by yourself (although Cheltenham is a very safe place to visit - thought I'd better get that disclaimer in!).

Cheltenham England
Level Contributor
21 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on accommodation in Cheltenham please!

I can also reccomend the Hotel Kandinsky which is at the top of Montpellier. It may be nearer the top end of your budget but is very nice. I think you would like the decor as its very modern.

Cheltenham
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on accommodation in Cheltenham please!

would very much recommend the Abbey. We put overseas visitors to our work up there. very friendly, and definitely safe. And well within your budget

6. Re: Advice on accommodation in Cheltenham please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 01, 2009