We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best national trust houses to visit? B and B or Country Hous

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
159 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
best national trust houses to visit? B and B or Country Hous

My husband likes to stay away from the maddening crowds, so I am looking for a nice, fairly upscale B&B in the countryside outside a village in the Cotswolds to be used as a base. We will have a car, so driving to the different villages will not be a problem. Any recommendations will be welcome. we love the old style homes and would prefer to see some 'smaller' type than Chatsworth..Suggestions??

1. Re: best national trust houses to visit? B and B or Country Hous

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:23 pm, August 01, 2013
2. Re: best national trust houses to visit? B and B or Country Hous

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:20 am, November 19, 2015
Raymond Terrace...
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best national trust houses to visit? B and B or Country Hous

I loved Snowshill Manor, fabulous place to see. A few miles up the road is Croome Park. Upton House and Charlecote Park are also well worth a visit.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
171 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best national trust houses to visit? B and B or Country Hous

I took mum to the Cotswolds for the weekend last year and stayed in this b&b http://www.theoldschoolbedandbreakfast.com/ which I found to be quite luxurious and relaxing. It wasn't far in the car to many of the Cotswold highlights or Blenheim and in the evening we were able to walk to a near by pub for supper. I loved snowshill but I think it's a matter of taste the place is crammed with interesting artefacts some people might consider as junk!!

midlands UK
Level Contributor
133 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best national trust houses to visit? B and B or Country Hous

There are some lovely Gloucestershire b and bs on the websites www.quintessentialbedandbreakfast.co.uk and also www.britainsfinest.co.uk. It is worth looking at the south Cotswolds too, such as Tetbury or Cirencester area as you would be near Bath and also National Trust properties such as Dyrham Park, (stately home) Woodchester Mansion (unfinished Victorian mansion and park) and Chedworth Roman Villa (ruins but many mosaics to see and in beautiful countryside) -each worth visiting as they have their own individual charms. I can also recommend Hidcote - the gardens are beautiful. It is an easy drive from Tetbury (Prince Charles' home is near here too) to Cirencester then along the A429 to Bourton/Stow/Moreton etc. so travelling should be no problem if you do decide on this area. Have a lovely trip!

6. Re: best national trust houses to visit? B and B or Country Hous

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 30, 2014