We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Heathrow to Barnsley by train or bus

San antonio
Level Contributor
151 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
travel from Heathrow to Barnsley by train or bus

I am trying to get to Barnsley from Heathrow. It seems that the train from Paddington goes to Swindon and then switches to Kemble. There are very few direct trains. Am I getting that right? I know from Heathrow there are direct buses to Swindon but I do not know the fare from Swindon to Barnesly. ( from Kemble to Barnsley is about 20GBP). Any information will be much appreciated.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from Heathrow to Barnsley by train or bus

You do mean Barnsley in Gloucestershire don't you? Not the Yorkshire one?

Kemble is a waste of time. One bus a day, schooldays only. Swindon is a waste of time - no buses.

To get there from Heathrow get a National Express coach to Cirencester and then a Pulhams 855 bus - 4 a day, not Sundays - to Barnsley. Or a taxi if the times don't fit.

I don't know what the bus fare is - £2 or £3 I'd guess

pulhamscoaches.com/#/timetables/4539355309

nationalexpress.com/assets/…444.pdf

2. Re: travel from Heathrow to Barnsley by train or bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:20 am, July 25, 2013
3. Re: travel from Heathrow to Barnsley by train or bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, November 28, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,642 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel from Heathrow to Barnsley by train or bus

vinod, at what time of day and on what day of the week will your flight arrive at Heathrow? With what airline have you booked? You will need to take the Underground to the city centre and a train from there, but without knowing more it's difficult to suggest how best to make the trip.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travel from Heathrow to Barnsley by train or bus

At a normal time of day get the tube (every few minutes) get the tube to Kings Cross/St Pancras and then an East Midlands train to Sheffield (twice an hour though unevenly spaced) where you change onto a Northern train to Barnsley (about every 15 minutes)

OR get a National Express coach to Victoria Coach Station (you may need to transfer from your arrival terminal). There are then 5 coaches a day to Barnsley

There's lots of other, mostly more complicated, ways of doing it. Time of day and day of week may make a difference

BTW this Barnsley forum is for a small village in Gloucestershire. Your post will probably get deleted if anyone 'complains' - so note this info quick before that happens.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,541 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel from Heathrow to Barnsley by train or bus

You could also got the National Express coach from Heathrow Airport direct to Sheffield. Coaches call at the main Interchange in Sheffield and Barnsley (South Yorkshire) is a short bus or train ride from there.

There are six coaches a day from Terminal 5, Terminal 4 and Central Bus Station (linked to Terminals 1, 2, 3) to Sheffield and journey time is 5-6 hours.

nationalexpress.com/assets/…240.pdf

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: travel from Heathrow to Barnsley by train or bus

thank you very much dear for your reply

I will reach heathrow on 5th Dec at 8 am .

So I think train is better option for me.Thank you all for your replies.