We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heath Farm holiday cottages

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Heath Farm holiday cottages

Has anyone heard of Heath Farm holiday cottages?

http://www.heathfarm.com

They look amazing but there are not any reviews on TA. What do you think of the location?

Thank you!

1. Re: Heath Farm holiday cottages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:48 pm, November 08, 2015
Edited: 3:48 pm, November 08, 2015
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heath Farm holiday cottages

I found the place via the Oxfordshire Cotswolds website. The map that they show includes Heath Farm...

www.oxfordshirecotswolds.org/site/area-map

I did note that it is not on the "official" AONB map. I'm guessing it's a technicality because the scenery seems so lovely and since we will have a car it should be fine.

Funny that you mention Great Tew since we have plans to stop there to eat at the Falkland Arms pub. Other than that, we haven't planned anything. I suppose we will get in the car and drive...

Suggestions happily accepted!

I googled Hook Norton and I see a brewery. Is that the reference?

Edited: 10:31 am, February 25, 2011
3. Re: Heath Farm holiday cottages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:49 pm, November 08, 2015
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heath Farm holiday cottages

We've been back home now for 6 weeks which is hard to believe. Heath Farm was wonderful! Exactly what we were looking for and more. We drove and drove and drove all around the Cotswolds. We saw so much that I cannot remember it all! At the end of a long day coming back to the cottage with the fireplace was perfect.

We did eat at Falkland Arms and the food was very good. Probably one of our favorite of the whole trip.

I have so many beautiful photos!

Suffolk
Level Contributor
7 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heath Farm holiday cottages

Thanks everybody. I have booked Heath Farm and will report later on my stay. I must say the cottages look great.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heath Farm holiday cottages

We stayed in Hazelnut Cottage! It is SO amazing! Which cottage are you staying in?

Suffolk
Level Contributor
7 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heath Farm holiday cottages

The best cottage (Walnut) we have stayed in the UK. Clean, comfortable, well equip, log fire(free logs), sooooo quiet. FANTASTIC!

England
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heath Farm holiday cottages

I was disappointed by beech nut cottage in Heath farm, although the recycling aspects were good and the property was very unique, in terms of its structure, it seemed a bit cramped and the fittings seemed old. The stone floors everywhere also created an issue for my one year old, in addition to the steps. We left a day early as sadly the experience hadn't been the relaxing trip we'd expected. I think some of the other cottages at Heath farm might be much better though (more bright and spacious).

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heath Farm holiday cottages

Just back from yet another visit to Heath Farm. Anyone with active young children will find this a great place to stay. The grounds are MOST extensive and kids have a great time exploring the woods and the gardens.

Special mention though for the care and attention that has gone in to equipping these cottages. From the wind-up torch to the ample provision of toilet rolls and every imaginable kitchen utensil.

Last month I stayed in a villa elsewhere that cost five times the price of Heath Farm cottages and was almost bare of these necessities!

We will return to Heath Farm so long as our various grandchildren are still willing to holiday with us!

N E
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heath Farm holiday cottages

We have been going for the past 10 years.... We love the location and cottages soo much we just had our honeymoon in Chestnut. It's our perfect retreat for rest, relaxation and romance. Can't wait to go back soon.