We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thistle brighton

bournemouth
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
thistle brighton

weekend at thistle brighton any reviews ? i am not sure if its a really bad idea to stay there or not?

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thistle brighton

sjj1: Welcome to TA forums. Here are the reviews: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186273-d192531…

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,376 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thistle brighton

Generally, the Thistle group of hotels are tired 3 star pretending to be 4 star but the only real criticism of them is that most of their hotels need money spent on them to spruce them up. They are normally clean and comfortable and you can often get a good deal. I´ve stayed in a lot of the Thistles in the UK but not Brighton.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thistle brighton

I wouldnt pay the money frankly, instead choosing a "boutique B&B" for the same if not less money, somewhere which offers a more modern and contemporary setting.

However, the Thistle does provide a great location; one of the best seafront views in Brighton over looking the seafront with the illuminations and the Pier is to the left; adjacent are the Lanes (at the back of the Hotel) and there are dozens of great restaurants/bars and pubs within a 1km radius and its is equally as close to all the great shopping areas of the Lanes, North Laine, North & East St (all easily walkable from the hotel).

So in that respect, you could do worse.

bournemouth
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thistle brighton

may i ask have you atayed at the thistle brighton yourself?.

P.s thanks for your reply

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thistle brighton

I havent stayed there (i live close by!)

However I have eaten here on more than one accasion (wasnt impressed) have drank at the bar and been to a wedding function there. Its a large chain hotel, same as you'll find elsewhere. Why are you particular about the Thistle - are they offerring great deals ?

bournemouth
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thistle brighton

we have won this hotel at auction ! so thats why we are going to go there... i have joined trip advisor so i can add my reveiw of this place fingers crossed it won't be too bad......

Sweden
Level Contributor
66 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thistle brighton

I stayed at the Thistle and was not expecting much after reading the reviews here and was pleasantly surprised. I had a room with a great view, I could see the sea from my bed! The staff were friendly and helpful and I enjoyed my stay very much,

//Sue

8. Re: thistle brighton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Brighton