We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap and Cheerful Accommodation in Brighton

Cornwall
1 post
Save Topic
Cheap and Cheerful Accommodation in Brighton

Hi Guys hope you can help. Myself and a female friend want to stay for 3 nights in Brighton so that we can go and check on her daughter who has just left for university there. We don't have much spare cash but would like somewhere that is female friendly and preferably with car parking nearby. Is it likely that we will get a twin room for around £50 each per night?

Thanks in advance

Foxyfarrell

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap and Cheerful Accommodation in Brighton

undoubtedly you can stay in Brighton on the cheap so to speak, weekends might be a different matter tho. Generally there are many B&B/guest houses in the Kemp Town area where you can get a room for under £50 per night.

I came across a place called Brighton Royal Hotel in Grand Parade, which is pretty much the centre of the city, opposite the Pavillion (good location,easy bus routes to the Uni and on the main arterial roads into and out of the city)

see http://www.brightonroyalhotel.com/loader.htm

their rooms start at £17.50 per person per night, BUT...i cant see any reviews on this site, but based on their website the rooms look ok.

for other ideas see http://www.realbrighton.com/hotels

otherwise put your requirements into this page and ring around some of the results.

visitbrighton.com/home/…default.asp

vermont
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap and Cheerful Accommodation in Brighton

I am doing the same thing; going to visit my son at University of Sussex. I was referred to the Alvia hotel by the school; they gave me a good rate.

But I don't have a car, so that's not a concern. I believe their website talks about the nearby parking.

Best of luck.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap and Cheerful Accommodation in Brighton

TRy last minute.com, £50 a night each is £100 a room which at this time of year will get you quitea few places in brighton including decent hotels, and there will be lots of cheaper B&Bs as well.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap and Cheerful Accommodation in Brighton

also Laterooms

www.laterooms.com/en/Hotels.aspx…

5. Re: Cheap and Cheerful Accommodation in Brighton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 26, 2009