We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brighton Stag

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Brighton Stag

Hello

I'm coming to Brighton in July on a stag do for two nights, Friday and Saturday. Could anyone suggest some decent bars that we could visit? We are all early 30s to 40s so the days of queuing or paying to get in places are long gone really. Looking for pubs who will show the World Cup and have live music where we can enjoy a few drinks and embrace the atmosphere.

Also, how receptive is the area to stag do's in fancy dress? We would be dressing up on the friday night possibly in world cup themed outfits......

Any help would be great. My initial searching suggests the blind tiger and fiddlers elbow would be good places.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brighton Stag

Hi. I'm afraid that you'll find fancy dress is a no-no really, especially with large groups of lads and you might struggle to get in as a group in the evening. The Blind Tiger and Fiddlers Elbow are most definitely not suitable. For the football The King & Queen would be good for you in the day, Wahoo Bar, Belushi's and The Pier. Belushi's will possibly let you in at night, maybe Wahoo but unless you book ahead you'll struggle to get in as a group in Brighton. There is a company called My Big Fat Brighton Weekends that sell bar passes which will get you in but these are not to the bars you're thinking of going to.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,424 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brighton Stag

Brighton aint Blackpool, youve no chance of getting in anywhere even half decent 1. In fancy dress, 2. Football shirts.

Robs advice stands!

Beachfront bars are your best bet, drinking outside Fortune O War and Brighton Music bar opposite the Grand down on the beach.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brighton Stag

Thanks both. That's a shame. I figured being World Cup quarter final weekend there would be a degree of leniency. Perhaps not. Is it worth contacting a stag company for a bar crawl etc? Not exactly the kind of thing we wanted but if it guarantees us entry....?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brighton Stag

Appreciate the honesty though. Would anywhere likely allow fancy dress as that part of the wknd has already been arranged!

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brighton Stag

My advise would be to ring/email around and find somewhere that knows you are coming - you may find that somewhere in West Street might let you in. Or do fancy dress in the day and not in the evening. The Pier or as Bo says the seafront bars will be fine during the day.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brighton Stag

Great. Thanks very much for the tips. I will make some phone calls.

Brighton, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Brighton Stag

I'm a student in Brighton so can't say I usually go out on the weekends, but every Friday and Saturday as early as midday I see so many groups of stag and hen do's dressed in some crazy outfits. Nothing is weird in Brighton! I've never seen them not get in anywhere, so I'm sure football inspired fancy dress would be absolutely fine.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brighton Stag

You know what my younger brother (best man) said it would be fine. Thank you so much for putting my mind at rest that we will come and just have lots of fun! I can't wait. That reply has made my morning :D

Brighton, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Brighton Stag

So glad I could help! It might only be certain clubs in the evenings that wouldn't want people dressed too crazy or in trainers I think, but by the sounds of things that's not what you're after anyway! Have a good one, you'll love Brighton.

10. Re: Brighton Stag

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 20, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Brighton