We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brighton romantic restaurant

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Brighton romantic restaurant

We're off to Brighton for the weekend for our first wedding anniversary. Can anyone please advise as to any romantic restaurants? Any type of food!

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brighton romantic restaurant

Well, there's Riddle & Finns in the Lanes - don't go to the seafront one! I think it is romantic in there, marble top tables, chandeliers etc, fabulous seafood. However, a lot of people take exception to the fact that you have to sit side by side with your partner, and therefore possibly be seated with two strangers opposite. We've had this a few times; it has added to the experience except for once when the other two blanked us totally. If this doesn't put you off and you let them know that it's a special occasion I'm sure you'll have a great time. You cannot book in advance unfortunately. Otherwise perhaps Casalingo in Preston Street gets good write-ups and has a nice decor and ambience. Maybe the Grand hotel if you're feeling flush?

I'm sure you'll have other suggestions soon.....

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brighton romantic restaurant

Brilliant thank you pearlpoppy

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brighton romantic restaurant

Graze

http://www.graze-restaurant.co.uk/

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,732 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brighton romantic restaurant

+1 for Graze. Amazing food. Great service. Lovely atmosphere.

Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,719 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brighton romantic restaurant

I took my wife to ole ole (excellent tapas, with flamenco dancing) for her 40th. She loved it. Unless you want to silently gaze into each other's eyes all evening, I'd recommend it.

Mike

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Brighton romantic restaurant

Another vote for Graze. Best resto in town IMO

JtheD

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Brighton romantic restaurant

I still like Gingerman but I've not been to Graze. Don't do that sort of dining very often in Brighton these days but Ginger consistently hits the spot on so many levels for going as a couple. Not been there since

February so hope I'm not out of date. It's remained good for mamy many years so a safe bet IMO

I'd be with the Nay sayers regarding Riddles being romantic, Poppy, good place thought it is. Last time I was in a very burly and hairy guy in a quite open shirt parked on the same table and was sweating profusely, glad sea urchin wasn't on the menu that day! Good place for seafood but for me it's an awkward compromise between trying to being upmarket and a casual tapas bar experience all in one and they don't quite pull it off - for me anyway, I wish it was one or the other then I'd go again.

Stoofer

Edited: 3:05 am, October 02, 2013
8. Re: Brighton romantic restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 04, 2014