We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Italian restaurant ?

Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best Italian restaurant ?

Hi, I will be visiting Brighton next weekend and my sister has recommended a great Italian restaurant but she cannot remember the name of it!! She thinks is was on or near Preston Street. Anyone know what it's called? Thanks :)

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,334 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Italian restaurant ?

Well, IMHO there are no 'great' Italian restaurants in Brighton as you can easily find in London (for example) , it's long been the case of quantity beats quality IMO.

I think your friend refers to Casalingo on Preston Street, it's one of the better Italian restaurants in town for sure and is highly recommended but I'd' use it for informal relaxed meal rather than special occasion, good home cooking, friendly place.

Stoofer

London, United...
Level Contributor
344 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Italian restaurant ?

I've read some reviews about this one : tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g652380-d2… and it seems very nice. Hope you'll find what you're looking for.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Italian restaurant ?

There are two in that area Casalingo is on Preston Street and is good and then Alfresco at the bottom of Preston Street by the the West Pier - I would recommend Casalingo over Alfresco any day of the week.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Italian restaurant ?

I'm with Rob: Casalingo is better than Alfresco, but none of the Italian restaurants in town are that great, IMO. We have lots of great restaurants, but I wouldn't rate Italian restaurants among them, frankly.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,466 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Italian restaurant ?

Casalingo everytime. Tho I also liked Bon Appetite on Palmeira Square.

London, United...
Level Contributor
809 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Italian restaurant ?

I took family to Casalingo few days a go, it was fantastic

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Italian restaurant ?

Actually, I agree, Bo: Buon Appetito is one of the better Italian restaurants.

8. Re: Best Italian restaurant ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Brighton