We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brighton 3-6 May 2013

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Brighton 3-6 May 2013

I am planning to stay with my girlfriend at Brighton from 3 May till 6 May...and need advice on what to do and what's on during these days...

and for Night-life what are the best nightclubs in Brighton

and Is there an easy way to discover the surrounding villages/cities by bicycle or a bus??

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,442 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brighton 3-6 May 2013

Nightclubs I can't help you with, but buses are easy:

www.buses.co.uk

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brighton 3-6 May 2013

You will be coming to Brighton at the start of the Brighton Festival, so there will be plenty of things to do.

visitbrighton.com/culture/…brighton-festival

The buses are quite good for getting around the surrounding area and you can get a hop-on-off ticket. Cycling is also a good way and there are plenty of hire places such as http://www.brightoncyclehire.com. It all depends really on your ability as to how far you can ride on a trip. Arundel, Lewes and Eastbourne are all easy enough to get to but to be honest with a weekend stay, I don't think you'd need to leave Brighton.

With regards to clubs, just depends on what type of music you are after. Your best bet is along the seafront.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brighton 3-6 May 2013

Clubs depend on your age, anything over 25, then youre struggling!

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brighton 3-6 May 2013

Rottingdean is worth a visit, some lovely little old fishermans cottages (now Tea houses/cafes) and Pubs, easy cycle along the coastal path.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Brighton 3-6 May 2013

thank you guys

London, England...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Brighton 3-6 May 2013

You can catch the 2A to Steyning an attractive small historic town at the foot of the South Downs. It takes just over an hour.

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,318 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brighton 3-6 May 2013

You can hire a bike and - if you're fit - head up to the top of Ditchling Beacon. This is the route (in reverse) used in the famous annual London to Brighton bike ride and I believe, The Tour de France last time it came to England.

From there, freewheel down the escarpment and turn east towards Lewes, on the road underneath the Downs, exploring the villages on the way. You can get a train back to Brighton from Lewes. I'd recommend you take time to have a look around Lewes though - a castle, Anne of Cleeves House, great pubs and an excellent curry house.

Mike

Cascais, Lisboa...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brighton 3-6 May 2013

That's a good idea! Or if you fancy cycling more in the city of Brighton, while sightseeing, you can try the Brighton Guided sightseeing Bike tours

www.brightonbiketour.com

Sounds like Great Fun!

Edited: 5:42 am, July 12, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Brighton 3-6 May 2013

I've done this bike ride tour, it is great fun, not to much history and you get to see a lot more of Brighton, we went to the Brighton cycle hire place by the station as we were going to hire bikes, but then found out there, that the Brighton bike tours do there cycling tours from there. Carlos the Tour guide is a nice guy and funny with it. very flexible, for when we wanted to take pics and have a quick look in the old lanes.

yes do it, the tour we went on was called the rags to regency tour, and covered the royal palace down to the old fishing area on the buzzing Brighton beach.

ive put the link to the tour, have fun.

brightonbiketour.com/brighton-cycling-sights…

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,269 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brighton 3-6 May 2013

Have the last 2 posters not noticed the OP has long since been and gone ?! He was going to Brighton in MAY.

Get answers to your questions about Brighton