We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurant

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Best Restaurant

Hi

I wonder if you can help. i want to know the best restaurant in Brighton. That is best quality. Price doesn't really matter for this special meal. I just would like to know your opinion on the best please. Thanks guys,

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurant

Depends on what you're looking for. Personal recommendations are tricky and subjective, but here goes. Riddle & Finns for top quality seafood; you may end up seated with strangers but that can be fun. Cote, although a French chain, is always reliable, good quality food and friendly efficient service. Breeze has never let us down, top bistro grub. Chaula's serves the best curries we've tasted, Warung Tujuh is a smashing small Indonesian restaurant and the Melrose is a family run fish/seafood restaurant on the seafront offering very good value tasty meals. Finally for Greek food, Archipelagos is a lively small place with the wonderful Theo in charge; it's like being back in Greece on holiday. Estia is a Greek Cypriot restaurant that also serves great greek cuisine, but Theo's just has the edge.

How's that? ;-)

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,276 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurant

The Gingerman is routinely cited as one of the best restaurants in Brighton. The Restaurant at Drakes is also highly praised.

In Hove, I really like L'Eglise (French food), Graze, and The Medicine Chest.

Chili Pickle is the best for Indian, IMO.

Terre a Terre is a vegetarian restaurant that I think holds its own against all other restaurants. It's an old favourite of mine, and never lets me down.

You may want to have a look at last year's Brighton Foodie Awards:

brightonfoodawards.com/#/…4549628655

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurant

great suggestions. Thank you very much

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurant

agree with TAG.

plus, Sams of Brighton

& Graze both highly rated

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurant

Fine dining:

Gingerman for me, not quite Michelin but more relaxed, less refinement but a great chef using local ingredients well, I prefer this to a few 1* Michelin places I've been and it's very reasonably priced, you can spend as much in much lesser restaurants in town. Limited menu but that's all to the good as the chef has fresh prepared each dish without the distraction of too many choices.

Indian:

Indian Summer. I've been a couple of times to Chilli Pickle now and whilst it's an interesting menu and quite an exciting place in many ways I think the chefs are failing to bring out the best, for me the flavours and the food quality/quantity don't match the prices and I've felt under whelmed by food that is presented really well but tastes either a bit bland or has combinations that don't appeal to me. I'd still recommend folk try here as it's very good and a bit different but my old and first recommendation of Indian Summer is for me the best indian in Brighton, I thought it might have been knocked off it's perch but a recent meal there made me realise why I liked it so much in the past and in future I won't doubt it, it's been good for many years.

Fish:

Riddle and FIns for casual, very good indeed.

Englishes *at times* for more formal and polished. Englishes is annoying because when they get it right it's great, but I've had a couple of average meals there, I almost don't want to recommend it but then recently we had a

fab meal.

Fun but a special night if combined.

The Spanish places, Casa Don Carlos & Ole Ole both in the lanes, both very good, both very different. I've really enjoyed Ole Ole a couple of times, at the bar is good, flamenco nights good. Don Carlos, just a very reliable buzzing place that I always enjoy and have for over 20 years. if wanting Spanish & tapas I recommend Ole Ole for a couple at the bar then move to Don Carlos or go to Ole Ole for flamenco and after a few tapas order the T bone steak,.one of the best steaks I've had anywhere, served on a stone at

22 oz but that's with the bone, enough for two really but only enough for one Stoofer. ;-).

Have fun

Stoofer

Edited: 6:34 am, October 04, 2012
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurant

Great info thank you

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,374 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Restaurant

I will add Browns and The Ginger Dog.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Restaurant

Graze definitely or Drakes if you really want somewhere special.

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Restaurant

So, where did you go?

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Restaurant

So, any feedback...................................?