We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

brighton stag party

Aberdeen, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
brighton stag party

looking for some advise please....

im trying to organise a stag party next summer and quite fancy brighton. were a group of mainly 30 somethings just looking fo r a good laugh hopefully in some nice weather.

is there plenty of bars with nice beer gardens? is it an issue getting in bars with bigger groups? what is the best area's for beer gardens during the day and then for groups at night?

also been told there is quite a big gay scene in brighton, is this mixed through the centre or is it generaly in one area?

thanks for your help

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
112 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: brighton stag party

Hi Bobby

The gay scene is mixed but quite prominent in the area of Kemp Town. Are you looking for gay clubs or not? There's a gay scene but Brighton is popular with all sorts of people and you'll find a great mix.

Some of the pubs and restaurants in the Lanes have outdoor seating - the theatre area and near the pavilion are lovely on a summer's day. Pubs with beer 'gardens' as such will be few and far between in the centre as it's quite densely populated but you can sit outside in the hustle and bustle of Brighton centre.

I would check out some of the bars' websites or call them to check if they'll let you in as a group, as some can be a bit funny about stag do's especially if very drunk or dressed in costume! The Oceana complex on West Street is a good place to go for a group night out and is probably a bit more flexible than some of the trendier bars. There are quite a few bars along West Street including Yates and Wetherspoons and a couple of bar/club places so you can take your pick.

There are lots of clubs under the arches along the seafront but they are more pricey and tbh a bit dancey / the music can be quite specific on weekend nights (in my experience) so unless you are really into that kind of music maybe head for one of the more commercial places. Just personal preference though and I'm sure others will disagree!

Where are you staying? The Seafront Travelodge is very central (next to Oceana) and the Premier Inn on North Street too. You'll need taxis or buses if staying at the Travelodge Brighton though.

Good luck!

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,459 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: brighton stag party

" also been told there is quite a big gay scene in brighton, is this mixed through the centre or is it generaly in one area"

dear oh dear oh dear oh dear, which century are we liiving in?

do your homework, open your mind, maybe elsewhere suits

Aberdeen, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: brighton stag party

thanks for some great tips & advise milly :)! we dont have accomadation booked yet but will look into the places you have suggested thanks. in an average weekend do you get many stag / hen party's in brighton? are all the bars genneraly busy in a summer weekend?

sorry bojangles didnt mean it in the way you have taken it, im just trying to get a feel for the place. im not homophobic in any way, shape or form (my little brother is gay i couldnt care less, each to there own) but as a group of 20-30 lads we would prefer to avoid gay bars and mix with a gererally more straight crowd - thats all.

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
112 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: brighton stag party

Yes it'll be busy, guaranteed! Brighton is often full of hen and stag weekends. If it's good weather it's nice to sit outside at the bars down on the seafront (in the arches) - in the afternoons they sometimes have live bands playing and the atmosphere is great. Brighton has a great party atmosphere and I would definitely recommend it for a stag do. Just do your research on the clubs so you know where to head to for your type of music. Komedia in the Lanes does quite good comedy if you fancy something like that before going out.

Aberdeen, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: brighton stag party

nice 1, thanks milly :)!

Brighton
Level Contributor
81 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: brighton stag party

Brightons a great place for a stag party with loads of pubs in city centre.

As already stated Oceana is popular big club in centre of town.

Most gay pubs and clubs are in Kemp town area but you get straight groups visiting and generally having a brilliant time.

Brightons a great city and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,459 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: brighton stag party

Majority of the gay scene bars clubs display a rainbow outside or a flag. Generally, bars clubs on Marine Parade/Kings Rd, with exception of (great bar/club) > Audio & Funky Fish (if its still open).

You wont have to ponder too long to work out if its a gay bar youre in ;)

Brighton, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: brighton stag party

Check out www.qleisure.co.uk for activities, only just outside of Brighton with great facilities.

Ace Travel are by far the best option to get your group there and back http://www.acetravelsussex.com/ (cheaper than any local taxi firm).

And self catering accom check out http://www.brightonselfcatering.com/

I can highly reccomend all of the above. If you want to guarentee group entry to bars and clubs try http://www.thedoorguy.co.uk/ to get on a guest list.

Other than that Brighton is amazing and filled with lovely people, you'll have a great stag weekend!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: brighton stag party

Brighton is a popular place, and can get over run with stag and hen parties - so that maybe a taken as a positive or negative depending on how you look at it.

One thing to consider is that Brighton is a popular holiday destination and if you are going in summer, with 30 friends, is that you are going to be limited in your choice of accommodation ( as not many places take stag do's ) and it is going to be very expensive - even very low quality accommodation will like be over £50 per person per night (if you can get it).

Brighton nightlife is excellent and diverse and there are to many bars to mention - have a look at visitbrighton.com/eating-and-drinking/pubs-a… for some ideas.

If your looking for budget accommodation then try http://www.royal-albion-hotel.co.uk/ - its a pretty tired old hotel but its in a good location.

For daytime activities etc have a look at www.chillisauce.co.uk/stag-weekends/brighton/ - they offer a wide range on stag do activities in Brighton.

If your looking for a restaurant recommendation I would suggest http://www.alduomo.co.uk/ - great little Italian which is used to stag groups.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: brighton stag party

Groups of guys are especially a problem in Brighton bars/pubs at night. I would recommend contacting My Big Fat Brighton Weekend, as they can get you entry to bars and clubs at night. mybigfatbrightonweekend.co.uk/stag-party-bri…