We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Brighton Rock" walk

Brighton UK
1 post
Save Topic
"Brighton Rock" walk

Hi,

If you are coming to Brighton between May 6th-28th, make sure to come along on the fact filled "Brighton Rock" walk.

At 11am and 3pm each Saturday and Sunday, we retrace the steps of characters from Graham Greene's famous novel "Brighton Rock". We visit locations featured in both the film and the book.

Meet at Palace Pier entrance.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,425 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Brighton Rock" walk

very good, but what about Quadrophenia then!!

(imo the greatest brighton movie - ever!)

http://www.brightonwalks.com/tour_quad.html

....we need another Mod revival!

which makes me think, just how many TV shows/Movies have been filmed in Brighton over the years?

In addition to the above, how about the Long Good Friday (Bob Hoskins) quite a lot filmed in Brightion and on A23 (the Little Chef, near Warninglid - now closed down).

Eastenders are always filming down here.

any others?

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for London, Brighton
Level Contributor
6,107 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Brighton Rock" walk

I agree. A music journalist friend visited me from Los Angeles and I took him on my version of a Quadrophenia tour, which he loved. The movie made fantastic use of the city. 'The End of the Affair' was filmed partially in Brighton, I seem to remember.

In fact, I just found other movies filmed on location in Brighton and Hove here: mybrightonandhove.org.uk/brighton_and_hove_o…

The tour sounds interesting Jules, thanks.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,425 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Brighton Rock" walk

thx for that site art-g, i now realise it was Mona Lisa, not the Long Good Friday with Bob Hoskins, that was filmed down here.

Get answers to your questions about Brighton