We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Cote good quality/value?

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,420 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is Cote good quality/value?

Hi guys

Going to a concert at The Dome, and Cote would be convenient for a pre-concert dinner. I like the look of the place but know it's a chain and typically I avoid chains given all the choice in Brighton (though I quite like Los Iguanas).

We'll be going later afternoon so hopefully not too busy, want a nice atmosphere and good food without being charged a fortune, is Cote a good choice or shall I stick to my known favourites?

How does it compare to say a typical Brasserie Blanc experience?

That's another chain with a outlet in Chichester that I quite like on the odd occasion.

Stoofer

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Is Cote good quality/value?

Well Stoof, went to Cote ourselves Monday late lunch and I had the best sole meuniere ever. New review pending. Have you had your meal yet?

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,420 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Is Cote good quality/value?

Hi Poppy,

That's good, what was the bill?

No didn't go to Cote, as I indicated earlier in the thread (whilst Reg was shuffling around the loading bay) I was put off by the discounted prices, I don't like paying double for the same thing just because it's a weekend.

Instead we went to a couple of spanish tapas places, the new one in

Western Road for a pick then Don Carlos just for a couple, then ended up having a main meal in Los Iguanos, I was going to avoid Iguanos but teenage daughter wanted to go so we did and it was fine (nothing special but fun) as got a nice booth table and out before the big parties and the noise started. So we basically had a good long afternoon crawl around

various places, good eats and a nice concert in the Dome.

Cote was absolutely packed beore and after the concert so they are doing something right, I will go to midweek to try but still suspect it's overpriced at al la carte?

Stoofer

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Is Cote good quality/value?

Hi Stoof, so glad it went well for you. The sole was £16.95, so not cheap, but for the quality, quantity and the fact it was cooked to perfection, it was worth every penny.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,420 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Is Cote good quality/value?

Fair enough, Poppy.

Stoofer

25. Re: Is Cote good quality/value?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:53 am, March 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Brighton