We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai Food

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Topic
Thai Food

Visiting Brighton for my Girlfriends Bday and would like to know what the locals (or previous visitors) think of the local Thai restaurants for an evening meal rather than lunch.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks - Anthony

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos, Benidorm
Level Contributor
5,380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai Food

I hear good things about Sawadee http://www.sawadeethai.co.uk/ I dont eat Thai food myself so can't confirm. But lots of mates use this place,

brighton england
Level Contributor
111 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai Food

We really like chameleon. They have a restaurant in western road and one a 5 ways. Lovely food and very reasonable prices.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai Food

Thai Spice was my fav (is it still open - in Boyces St?)

I liked Sawadee in KT, and i liked Street Thai in the Lanes, but actually the best ive had was at Tookta's Cafe.

There are so many Thai's in town now (King & I, Sukhothai, Giggling Squid, Sabai Thai).

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai Food

Giggling Squid is getting very good comments from folk I know but I've not been myself as rarely eat Thai for dinner in Brighton, in fact never. I've used Sabai a good few times for lunch and find it's good value, the food and service is definitely very good but it's a small place in cafe style, very informal so perhaps not best for a special evening out if that's what you seek, but if passing for lunch it gets my vote. If visiting for dinner myself I'd book Giggling Squid.

Stoofer

Edited: 10:47 am, January 29, 2012
U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Thai Food

P.S. I should add that friends go to the Hove Branch of 'The Squid' , I think it's a bigger restaurant.

Stoofer

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for London, Brighton
Level Contributor
6,115 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thai Food

I used to go to The Giggling Squid a lot, but the last couple of times gave me an upset stomach, and a friend of mine had the same thing happen to her the other week, so I've gone off it, rather. <_<

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thai Food

I went to the Hove "Squid" last year and the food was ok, not exceptional and the squid we had was tough and inedible. Bit of a joke if you base your name around a dish you can't cook! We used to go to Thai Spice a lot, but as their popularity grew, so did the cost of the meal. For example, where once you would get the sea bream with rice, you had to order the rice separately. Have to say though, the food there was consistently good. I did have a bit of a disappointment with the crispy duck with tamarind which sounded lovely, but wasn't crispy at all and not as flavoursome as hoped for. Everything else though was tasty.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
624 posts
757 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thai Food

Two good Thai restaurants are the Thai Connection its in Hove and the Red Snapper which is just off Western road. Both do good thai food. I have not been to the giggling squid in a while but was not impressed last time I went.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thai Food

The Green Mango is also very good, the food is great and I always like the atmosphere in there!

10. Re: Thai Food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 am, May 02, 2013