We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need a B & B or cheapish hotel from 4th Aug 07 For 2 nts

Bath
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
I need a B & B or cheapish hotel from 4th Aug 07 For 2 nts

Please help! I'm really struggling to get a two night break over the first August bank holiday in Brighton. I'm aware it's the Pride event and a lot of the reasonably priced accommodation is booked up. Can anyone help or have any suggestions?

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need a B & B or cheapish hotel from 4th Aug 07 For 2 nts

I'm not aware that we have two Bank Hols in Aug this yr- are we getting an extra one then? The late summer bank hol is Mon 27th Aug isnt it?

Regards hotels, well I'm never sure what reasonable means?!

But given that its peak season (mid-summer, school hols) & Pride rolled into one, many hotels & B&Bs will already be fully booked for the duration of Pride, so I would advise you to try booking via the links below, because this will save you time emailing and ringing around.

visitbrighton.com/home/…default.asp

or

http://tourism.brighton.co.uk/accommodation/

Bear in mind prices will be hugely inflated for the w/end in question, given that its undoubtedly Brightons busiest w/end of the entire year! (est 120,000 attended Pride last year!, with 70,000 at the fab Pride in the Park!)

For specific B&B's and hotel, please have a look at the many previous links on these pages (Brighton forum) where many hotels and links have been supplied.

Bath
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need a B & B or cheapish hotel from 4th Aug 07 For 2 nts

Thanks Bojangles. Can you recommend any good B & B's?

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need a B & B or cheapish hotel from 4th Aug 07 For 2 nts

Millards

Brighton House

Adelaide

Avalon

Aqaurium Guest House

Colson House

there are many other good ones, but as i said, theyre likely to be fully booked already! but its worth a try.

GregClark
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I need a B & B or cheapish hotel from 4th Aug 07 For 2 nts

try the iron duke hotel, its central and reasonably priced

www.irondukebrighton.co.uk 01273 734806

UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I need a B & B or cheapish hotel from 4th Aug 07 For 2 nts

I've also been looking for cheaper hotel accomodation for June but the prices have been really steep!

I was searching all the local tourism sites to see if any of them issued any accomodation brochures but all of them seem only to do online information which is taking ages to trawl through lists of hotels, some without views or tarriffs.

Does anyone know if such a brochure exists or can recommend a reasonably priced central hotel?

thanks in advance

Dotty

6. Re: I need a B & B or cheapish hotel from 4th Aug 07 For 2 nts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, August 29, 2009