We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights in suffolk with two ladies in their 80s

bandon, county cork
Level Contributor
12 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights in suffolk with two ladies in their 80s

I will be taking two ladies in their 80s (slow on their feet!) touring in Suffolk for a long weekend (we will be based near Bury). They enjoy old houses, gardens, pottering in interesting shops (snape maltings looks appealing based on the other forum suggestions), countryside views, pretty towns. A few questions:

Where should I take them in Bury. I need to make sure that the distances for walking aren't too arduous. I have the Abbey gardens on the list - where else? I thought of taking them to Bressingham Gardens after Bury on day 1 and to Helmingham Hall Gardens on day 2 followed by a drive down the coast - Southwold, Aldeburgh, Woodbridge etc. Does this seem like a good plan.

Secondly, if I had to choose between Kentwell and Ickworth, which should I opt for?

Lastly, based on the above, does anyone have recommendations of good places to stop for coffees, teas. They love really English places (we are coming from Ireland all inspired by the queen's visit here).

Essex
Level Contributor
26,725 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 3 nights in suffolk with two ladies in their 80s

Bit late Carol B

OP's visit was in June - 10th to 13th!! she has been and is long gone!

It's nice to have a new poster though, but reading the whole thread and not resurrecting an old one is a good idea also!!

12. Re: 3 nights in suffolk with two ladies in their 80s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, May 04, 2013