We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Norfolk Coast : Walking Base, Guest House & Pubs ?

London
Level Contributor
341 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
North Norfolk Coast : Walking Base, Guest House & Pubs ?

I'm organising a long weekend on the North Norfolk coast next June for a Walking Club.

Can you recommend, between Holme and Sheringham :

1) A base for a variety of walking - both Coast Path & inland.

2) A Guest House (or neighbouring B&Bs) there for 6 to 8 couples.

3) A choice of pubs within a mile or two, for good food at reasonable prices.

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Norfolk Coast : Walking Base, Guest House & Pubs ?

I would have thought that for a weekend, you could confine yopurselves to the Norfolk Coast Path.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g186269-d211652/Nor…

Thus you could stay anywhere between Hunstanton and Sheringham and use the Coasthopper bus to get to starting points and return journeys. The most central place is Wells, which has shops and a cash point (quite rare along here) and a really good beach with a nice if expensive cafe.The coast path is even signed from most bus stops.For a break from the coast, there is a very nice walk around the lake at Holkham Hall. I''ve no experience of guest houses but you should book early, as the area is increasing in popularity year on year. I'm afraid it is a rather expensive area on the whole and for really cheap meals you'll have to go to Fakenham or King's Lynn for Wetherspoons and other similar places.

Edited: 7:03 am, December 16, 2013
London UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Norfolk Coast : Walking Base, Guest House & Pubs ?

You could try Sedgeford which has a number of very good B&B's and a comfy pub with rooms and is by the Peddars Way about a mornings walk to the Coastal Path. Magazine Wood B&B is right on the trail itself.

3. Re: North Norfolk Coast : Walking Base, Guest House & Pubs ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 21, 2014