We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things To Do

Which Bournemouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Things To Do

On a stag in July so can anyone recommend go karting company, anything else to do, pubs, clubs etc etc.

Come on now ... don't be shy !!!

Poole UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Things To Do

how about Ski Bobbing? About 15mins from Bmth:

newforest-online.co.uk/christchurch_ski/defa…

or paintball:

www.bournemouth-paintball.co.uk/index.html

best clubs depends what you want. There's everything from very trendy (and expensive) to tacky. Biggest is Elements by Horseshoe Common, best could be K-bar or Jimmy's or Consortium.

There's a load of late night places in town - suggest you walk from the square via Bliss/Slam/Toko to the Lansdown for most of them. The trendier bars like Klute are closer to the BIC in Exeter Road.

Dublin
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things To Do

Thanks for that.

Is there much going on down the beach if the weather is good. Eg jet ski, bananna boat or other beach sports?

Southampton...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Things To Do

Great Go Kart track on the Coombe Bisset Road towards Salisbury - public transport not an option so youd need your own - around 40 min drive from Bournemouth - called Wessex Raceway - its a huge indoor karting circuit - need to book in advance though.

Smaller Go Kart track on Aviation Park West - on a business park by Bournemouth Airport - about 15 min drive from centre of Bournemouth.

Another Go Kart track - outdoor but quite small from what i recall - at Matchams racetrack - they also do banger racing on a Sunday mornings.

Loads of bars and clubs to choose from in Bournemouth - depends what your budget is like and also some of the "posher" venues are a bit funy about large groups especially if already drunk a few!!

Jumpin jaks on the beach front is a great cheesy venue - cheesy sing along kind of music from past 15 to 20 years I would say - plus all the new chart stuff - very easy going atmosphere - not the sort of place where you have to wear the right thing and drink the right drink just to get in.

Wetherspoons - Moon In The Square in Bournemouth Square next to Debenhams is good to start the eve - cheap food too.

Yates Lodge at top end of town, near Elements club already mentioned.

Not sure about beach water sports - there is the pier but cant think of anything on that to entertain a stag do!

You might want to consider heading to Boscombe beach&pier (the next bay along from Bournemouth itself) as I think they do more stuff - there is a pub right on the beach there - something like a Brewers Fayre type place.

I think you will find more water sports further along at Christchurch or Muddeford.

There is the New Forsest Water Park on the A338 between Ringwood and Salisbury - private lakes that do jetk skiing, waterskiing etc - they gave bar and food there too - no idea on prices - been ages since I went - about 30 min drive from Bournemouth.

Have a great time.

Dublin
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things To Do

TWISTERS

On a saturday night there is a male strip show and about 500 women on hens go in. At about 10.30 / 11 it opens to men and is a good ole spot for all sorts to happen !!!

having_fun_insun082
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Things To Do

Try a unique experience with Jetski Safaris, I can gaurantee you'll love it.

Take a look at www.jetskisafaris.co.uk

We did it for our stag weekend a few weeks back and loved it!!!

6. Re: Things To Do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 06, 2009