We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This Saturday night - cannot find a hotel or a B&B! HELP!

Which Bournemouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
110 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
This Saturday night - cannot find a hotel or a B&B! HELP!

Me and my daughter are coming to Bournemouth on Saturday for a cheerleading competition. I have left it late as we werent sure of our travel arrangements, however I am trying to book 1 night for the two of us in either a hotel, or a B&B. I have tried everywhere!! There is either nothing available, or a minimum 2 night booking.

Does anyone (local) know of anywhere, fairly decent, which is worth me ringing to see if they have any available rooms?

Time is getting closer and I really do need to find somewhere, many thanks,

London
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This Saturday night - cannot find a hotel or a B&B! HELP!

On the Suncliff Hotel website they are showing that a room is available for Saturday for 1 night for 2 adults. Comes to GBP 159.00, a little expensive considering without breakfast but they do have leisure facilities.... indoor and outdoor swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi and they are located right on the seafront. They are well known for very accomodating and friendly staff, hence I myself have booked to stay with them this week. If you do decide to eat their they and the sister hotel next door (Cumberland) are known for fantastic food.

They allow one night stays.

Hope this helps!

Edited: 6:04 pm, June 25, 2012
London
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This Saturday night - cannot find a hotel or a B&B! HELP!

PS; on Booking.com they have The Suncliff 1 night Double room for 2 adults for Saturday 30th of June for £169 with breakfast and free cancellation, so £10 extra for breakfast....their breakfast buffets are supposed to be pretty good too so if you need some energy before you head off out for the day it's a good option.

If you'd prefer to book directly with the hotel, they should match the booking.com price (they usually do) so give them a call first thing in the morning and ask them.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This Saturday night - cannot find a hotel or a B&B! HELP!

Have you tried all the Premier Inns and Travelodges in the area?

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
110 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: This Saturday night - cannot find a hotel or a B&B! HELP!

Yes, in Bournemouth and other close by areas. Travelodge was quite far away from Bournemouth and £137! Too much really.

Thanks

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
110 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: This Saturday night - cannot find a hotel or a B&B! HELP!

Thank you for your replies :D £159 is a bit more than what I wanted to spend really, although it sounds lovely! Was thinking more along the lines of £100 max, for a B&B anyhow.

Thank you for replying though,

Jo

London
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: This Saturday night - cannot find a hotel or a B&B! HELP!

I realise! Can get a bit pricey in this area... even the Travelodge's and Premier Inn's you'll find are quite pricey unless booked way in advance!

If it's any re-assurance I have been this time of year last year for a 1 night stay and without any accomodation booked and managed to find available accomodation so I don't think you need to worry too much there will always be options....even if they are fewer. Though you are going on a Saturday.

I realise in this instance planning is probably very important....

There is a place called Newbury Hotel, (Really a small family run B&B) a few minutes walk from the beach. It should cost £50 for the night for a double room that's what it cost me this time last year for 2 adults for 1 night. I struggle to recommend it as I found the lady very unfriendly, but if you are desparate and need somewhere to stay and are not planning on being inside the hotel then I suppose it's an option and I can't imagine it's fully booked!

Edited: 6:34 pm, June 25, 2012
Christchurch
Level Contributor
412 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: This Saturday night - cannot find a hotel or a B&B! HELP!

Durley Dean hotel, £80 about 5-10 mins walk from BIC?

laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/197414_d…

New WestCliff also looks to include breakfast at same price in a similar location

laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/246036_n…

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: This Saturday night - cannot find a hotel or a B&B! HELP!

Sun Haven Guest House, Southern Road, Southbourne .

http://www.sunhavenguesthouse.com/index.html

£35 a night B&B

Edited: 9:00 am, June 26, 2012
Bournemouth, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: This Saturday night - cannot find a hotel or a B&B! HELP!

Dear Joteddy,

If you are still looking for a room for this Saturday - we have one standard twin left at our hotel (Best Western Montague). We already have quite a few people staying who are attending the cheerleading competitions. We are only a 5 minute walk from the BIC. Please feel free to look at our website www.montaguehotel.co.uk - we can offer this room for the 1 night at £99.00 (per room) on a bed and breakfast basis. If you would like to go ahead please call reception (01202 551074) and quote VER30 - we hope to see you this weekend

kent
Level Contributor
216 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: This Saturday night - cannot find a hotel or a B&B! HELP!

According to www.trivago.co.uk (looks at other booking sites) the Laguna has a room at £68. its a coach tours hotel but then its only one night.