We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Bournemouth Airport Arrivals Hall

Which Bournemouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
New Bournemouth Airport Arrivals Hall

What do people think of the new Arrivals Hall?

We landed at around midnight last week, the doors were kept open with a gale blowing in, and don't you feel it when you're just back from Tenerife?

Only two people checking passports even though there were four staff about. Then, when you get through, you find only single stall gents and ladies loos.

The belt seems very small and it was really difficult to see or get your bags.

Very disappointing !

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Bournemouth Airport Arrivals Hall

Well, I'm not going to be departing/arriving at Bournemouth Airport until August but I'll let you know.

Christchurch
Level Contributor
414 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Bournemouth Airport Arrivals Hall

Bit of a queue through immigration as two flights landed at same time but with such low flight volume they are never going to have loads of staff manning desks, think there were 3 with 2 others round at customs.

Belt bag was fine to be honest, bigger than the old ones and they didn't really cause bother. As long as the bags come back is my main concern.

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Bournemouth Airport Arrivals Hall

"you find only single stall gents and ladies loos."

I thought that at first but if you turn left instead of right after you come from immigration in the baggage hall, there are normal size toilets on the left.

Was asked to take part in a airport satisfaction survey on the outbound flight from Bournemouth airport, when asked what I thought about the new building renovation, I replied "it'll be nice when it's finished". Also wonder if the lack of seats before check-in (only counted 2, which were occupied), is to force you into Joe's Coffee Shop!

4. Re: New Bournemouth Airport Arrivals Hall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, October 06, 2012