We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good beach for kids

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Good beach for kids

Hi,

We are going to be flying to Bournemouth next week. If the weather cooperates, we would like to go to the beach. We are only going to be there for 1 day (before driving to Stonehenge, Bath, & Bristol). Any advice on a good beach for kids. I have a 5 year old, and my girl will be turning 7 on that day. I want her to have a great time since it will be her birthday.

Also, any other ideas if it rains?

Thanks,

Cari

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good beach for kids

Hi there

Bournemouth has a huge expanse of beaches - my favourite is Southbourne. It's mainly sand with a few small stones plus there's a cafe,snack bar, ice cream hut, beach rentals (chairs, parasols, sunbeds, etc) and plenty of parking at the top.

Poole UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good beach for kids

Bournemouth has 7 miles of sandy beach which is pretty much all kid-friendly. In neighbouring Poole is beautiful Sandbanks which is (I believe) the only UK beach to have won a blue flag every year since they started the scheme.

Just west along from Bournemouth beach is Durley Chine beach which has an adventure playground for kids and a family oriented pub right on the prom for lunch. If it is warm and sunny this is a better bet than around Bournemouth pier itself which becomes very busy and with lots of teenagers.

If the weather is not good, stay in Bournemouth town centre. On the pier approach is the Oceanarium which kids really enjoy. There is a summer ice rink in the International Centre (near the beach) and cinemas etc in town. All Fired Up near Borders in the square lets you paint and fire your own pottery which is fun.

Hope that helps a bit.

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good beach for kids

Thank you very much for the information. So far, it looks like we will have nice weather. I hope the weather forcast is right!!

Cari

4. Re: Good beach for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, October 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bournemouth