We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torquay out of season

Which Torquay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hants
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Torquay out of season

MY friend has talked me into a four night break the beginning of November and has suggested Torquay, although I have been a number (15+) of years ago I am not sure if its a good base for us, we are happy to walk, like the beach and people watching over coffee (not sure many people about at that time of year)! by friend loves shopping... is anything going to be open or should we perhaps head for a city (Exeter)?

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Torquay out of season

I would guess that the population of Torquay is at least as large as that of Exeter, and larger if you include that of Paignton.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,064 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Torquay out of season

Brass band championship.

southwestbrassbandassociation.co.uk/65th_ann…

Somerset UK
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Torquay out of season

I think you'll be better off using Exeter as a base for day trips to Torquay and you'll have the option of visiting other parts of Devon as well as Torbay. Far better shopping than Torquay and nice people watching opportunities from the Princesshay/Cathedral area.

Good beaches in the Torbay area plus Teignmouth/Dawlish Warren and Exmouth areas are all easily accessible by either car or public transport. Dartmouth, Topsham and Totnes all worth a visit too.

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Torquay out of season

I second WaltR's suggestion... Exeter is a much better bet...

ATB,J.

5. Re: Torquay out of season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 01, 2013