We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quaywest water park .

Which Torquay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
shotton
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Quaywest water park .

If you get the chance to visit this water park , get yourselves in , excellent day for all the family . The cost is £42 for all day , would suggest getting there early , around 10.30ish and would also suggest taking your own food (not allowed) i saw many people openly eating and drinking their own food n drink . The car park is £7 for the day/night , also a good food pub on the site when you come out , 2 meals for £9 , i got fish/chips was tasty , sons got beef n ale pie / chicken tika masala / rice / bread / pappadum , Mrs got the chicken . I would say the Beef n Ale pie was the bast , altho nothing was left on any of the plates and i didnt hear anybody in the pub complaining about any meals . Excellen Value . The beach is also excellent .

ex1
Level Contributor
44 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quaywest water park .

When did you last visit, because i thought it closed down in 2008?

shotton
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quaywest water park .

We were there on the 9th Aug '09 and again on the 14th Aug '09 .

ex1
Level Contributor
44 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quaywest water park .

Well, i am amazed. I live nearby and go to Paignton every day and thought this place had closed down, see linkhttp://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/Water-park-stay-shut-summer/article-588389-detail/article.html

Personally i wouldn't visit Quaywest, not only that but i don't know anyone from round here that does either. My one and only trip was sometime ago and i thought even then that it was poor value for money,

Horses for courses etc

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,538 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quaywest water park .

Apparently it's under new ownership, the Lemur group who own Splashdown. The website says it has all been refurbished so maybe it's better now than it was when you visited?

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,475 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quaywest water park .

I guess when your on hol,you tend to splash out a bit(excuse the pun!) whilst if its on your doorstep you would probably think twice about paying out £42 for your family outing,so i can see both points of view.

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quaywest water park .

My brother went last week and he wasn't overly impressed.

He said that the water was freezing! He took his godson and the little chap wouldn't even get in the water as it was too cold!!

They both gave up and went to play crazy golf!

7. Re: Quaywest water park .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 21, 2010