We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advise for somewhere to stay in Torquay for young couple?

7sykek81
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
advise for somewhere to stay in Torquay for young couple?

Hi there

I'm looking for some advise for somewhere to stay in Torquay for me and my boyfriend. We are planning to go in the beginning of july. We are a young couple of 20 and 21 and would like to stay in a self catered apartment or holiday home/cottage for about a week. We would be traveling by train so would like to stay somewhere which is near a beach and near some shops with a few things to do.

If any one has and suggestions or advise it would be greating appreciated :)

Thankyou

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advise for somewhere to stay in Torquay for young couple?

Hi

Torquay has 2 staions in easy walking distance of the town, no beach as such though just a tiny patch of sand, when the tide is out, but its got a good garden areas and a nice harbour. Paignton has a nice sandy beach, which is a easy 10 mins bus ride.

Day out to exeter would be great, about £5 each on the train 40 mins, also Plymouth same as exeter.

Paignton zoo is a must 12.50 to in each well worth it, you can get there on the bus, stops right out side. Loads to do here hard to narrow in down. Loads of B and B here to choose from, im not to sure about holiday homes though, but can advise on area as i live in torquay!!

sorry not much help Jan

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,211 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advise for somewhere to stay in Torquay for young couple?

The suggestion that Torquay doesn't have any beaches is a little ridiculous.

For a start there is Torre Abbey Sands, the main seafront beach, and right next to the train station. Then there is Beacon Cove, Meadfoot, Corbyn Head, Oddicombe and Babbacombe, two of which (Meadfoot and Oddicombe) have Blue Flags.

However, Torquay's beaches and a lot less bucket-and-spade than Paighton or Broadsands, so obviously you need to make your own decision of what sort of beach you want.

But I digress, and that frustrates the hell out of me when I get replies to my posts that don't answer the question.

I haven't lived in Torquay for ten years, so I've got a call in to a true Torquay expert.

I'll repost soon...

england
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: advise for somewhere to stay in Torquay for young couple?

your best bet would be to look for apartments around the main torquay train station area. this area has a few s/c apartments ,it is also close to the main beach area .

hope this helps you.

Midlands
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: advise for somewhere to stay in Torquay for young couple?

Try Atlantis Holiday Apartments near the station and beach. They have some special offers at the moment and also have a great outdoor pool which is covered.

5. Re: advise for somewhere to stay in Torquay for young couple?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Torquay