We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plymouth January 09

Which Plymouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saudi Arabia
3 posts
Save Topic
Plymouth January 09

I am starting a course at Marjon on January 12 and would like your advice on self catering apartments for a week or two before I organise a flat for rent. I plan to arrive the weekend before the course starts and need accomodation for a week or so. I plan to look around the noticeboards etc. at Marjon and get a flat for a year that way. I looked on the net for serviced apartments but they are obviously aimed at tourists and they are all very posh and pricey.

Cornwall
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Plymouth January 09

Hi

You probably wont have much luck finding a self catering apartment for only 2 weeks unless you do go the tourist route.

Know its not the same school but try the University of Plymouth website www.plymouth.ac.uk as they might have links to student accommodation sites.

Good Luck

Saudi Arabia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Plymouth January 09

I will just stay in a b&b or a guest house then. Any idea what the rental market in Plymouth is like do you? I mean am I just going to have my pick of furnished flats or will it be difficult?

Cornwall
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Plymouth January 09

There is a lot of student accommodation arround the city.

Flats/houses will probably be more expensive in the city centre so it may be worth looking on the outskirts of the cities. Buses serve most places so it would be easy to get into the city centre for shopping/college/nights out.

Try searching Derriford, Plymton, plymstock etc for ideas. Go to a estate agents website and enter Plymouth - should give you an idea of current rental prices

these sites should get you started

www.rightmove.co.uk

www.primelocation.com

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plymouth January 09

Hi there

Sorry it took me a while to spot your post. A friend of mine owns several rental properties in Plymouth. I don't know if any are vacant but if you want to send me a personal message, I can give you his details.

Saudi Arabia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Plymouth January 09

Please could you let me know your friend's details?

6. Re: Plymouth January 09

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, October 13, 2009