We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ganges Indian Restaurant, Fore Street

Which Exeter hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ganges Indian Restaurant, Fore Street

We have just returned from Exeter and had a meal last night in Ganges Indian Restaurant in Fore Street. The meal was excellent with a good choice of both traditional indian dishes and a few original ones. The service was very good despite the restaurant being very busy and the waiter was very helpful even suggesting we exchange the veg curry in a biryani for a sag allo at no extra cost. With 2 starters, 3 main course, 2 naans and 4 drinks our total bill only came to £45, excellent value.

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,112 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ganges Indian Restaurant, Fore Street

Thanks PG

I am in Exeter over the Easter weekend for a wedding and was just about to post to ask for a good Indian restauarnt when I saw yours!

I have never been to Exeter before, do you know if this restaurant is far from the Cathedral?

Thank you

GP

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
378 posts
550 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ganges Indian Restaurant, Fore Street

You're in luck! It's only 200 yards away

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,112 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ganges Indian Restaurant, Fore Street

Have been and come back, the Ganges was excellent, great food, service, and reasonable prices.

Other restaurants we tried in Exeter were the Thai Orchid in the Cathedral Yard and the Real Indian, both excellent.

I loved the Weatherspoons - the building is fabulous.

I really enjoyed my stay in Exeter.

4. Re: Ganges Indian Restaurant, Fore Street

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 30, 2009