We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exeter Airport Parking

Which Exeter hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minehead, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Exeter Airport Parking

CARE DO NOT TOUCH FLY PARKS MEET & GREET WITH A BARGE POLE

I booked valet parking though Fly Parks Meet & Greet who are part of Holiday Extras. They were recommended by Cruise Deals, shame on them. The drop off was fine as arranged. Upon return I phoned Fly Parks as arranged. I had a panicking garbled mesasage that there was a problem with my car. We went and stood in the short stay car park where, I had been advised, my car would be waiting. After some 15 minutes in the cold some hyper ventilating guy ran up and led us off to what could only be described as a layby just off the airport. I was told my battery was flat and asked if I had jump leads on me!! After two abortive attempts to jump start my car, first attempt battery smoked, second attempt drained the battery further there was nothing they could do to help. I called out out recovery on my own account. Before they arrived I noticed that the passenger seat was in full recline and the heater set at hi. As the car should have been parked 3 miles away in a compound it should have still been there if the battery had drained during the 7 days I left the car with them. But it was by the airport and so the battery must have been ok when they moved it to the said siding. Therefore they through their incompetence and laziness must have drained the battery dossing down while waiting for my flight to arrive. I have complained. They refuse to pay. I am taking these imbecilic idots to Court. Do not touch them with a barge pole.

49 replies to this topic
Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,297 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exeter Airport Parking

Normally I don't like to see people come on TA just to rubbish a company but this is a warning I am interested in.

I can understand your fury and wonder if it is one bad employee or a regular occourance.

It would be helpful if the company came on here with an explanation - tho undoubtedly they would deny everything. However if there are legal proceedings pending they cannot.

Good on you for being proactive, getting in touch with them first and lacking satisfaction, taking them to court. I would have done the same myself.

Would be interesting to hear from others, good or bad experiences to see if there is an overview of their services.

Edited: 11:28 am, February 20, 2013
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,554 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exeter Airport Parking

I always use Flyparks and have always had good service from them. I usually give them a call when I am passing Exeter services, and they arrive at the airport around the same time as me. On return I call after I have picked up my bags, and the car is there within minutes

Exeter
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Exeter Airport Parking

Hi

I would just like to say that it is a very rare ocurrence for flyparks Exeter to encounter a flat battery on a vehicle, on this rare occurrence we in the presence of the client attempted to jump start the vehicle without succes, therefore the clients recovery firm arrived on scene and started the vehicle after which the customer was able to make his way home without further incident.

We felt that we had dealt with the situation as best we could at the time, The customer suffered no financial loss and other customers vehicles were returned without a problem. whilst I empathise with the clients anger I feel the attempt to cause damage to the business is beyond that of the inconvenience caused .

Exeter, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Exeter Airport Parking

Holiday Extras and Flyparks also state on their websites that cars are kept in a secure compound 24 hours a day when in fact they are often left overnight in a layby next to the Airport which is not covered by their security or cameras. Also buried in their FAQs are the fact that you have to pay a further £1 to enter and exit the airport car park making them no cheaper than parking at the airport itself. There have been so many stories on watchdog etc about off-site airport parking i wouldn’t trust any of them to look after my car and would always park in an official airport car park.

Exeter
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Exeter Airport Parking

99 % of flyparks customers are happy with the service provided.

6. Re: Exeter Airport Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:19 pm, February 22, 2013
Edited: 3:19 pm, February 22, 2013

Minehead, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Exeter Airport Parking

Hi, I am the original complainant.

Naturally, Flyparks are seeking to mitigate my post on Trip Advisor. My anger would have been much less if the original response to my complaint had not been dismissive on the one hand and condescending on the other. When you pay a fee to leave your possessions in the hands of a third party such as dry cleaning, goods in storage or a car while you are away the very least that you might expect from the service provider is a duty of care. The service is clearly not as they described and I do not believe that they took sufficient care in exchange for my money.

The second response from Fly Parks was more conciliatory but they are arguing that, as I have no evidence, I really do not have a leg to stand on.

So they do not comprehend what is expected of a service provider and they do not understand that the burden of proof is much much lower in a civil court than in a criminal case.

I do not seek to harm their business, we all have to try to make a living but we have, in accepting custom, responsibilities which I believe were not carried out.

Flyparks say that I have suffered no loss. With the greatest of respect to them they cannot know that until my dealership have run the diagnostic checks but I did witness smike emanating from my battery and this was directly the result of their operative actions.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Exeter Airport Parking

Why don't you just park in Long Stay 3, five minutes walk to the terminal, no hassle. Book direct with the operator (APCOA).

Personally, I would not leave my car keys with a stranger for two weeks for the sake of saving a pound or two.

Dorset UK
Level Contributor
141 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Exeter Airport Parking

Hi, sounds awful. Is this part of Park and Go which I found on The Antique Complex in Exeter who also offer a service like this?

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Exeter Airport Parking

As far as I'm aware, the Antiques centre car parking is completely independant, I've used them in the past with no problem

ATB,J.

Reply to: Exeter Airport Parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted