We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Office Christmas Party 2010

Which Exeter hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Devon, UK
Level Contributor
482 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Office Christmas Party 2010

Even though it is still only the middle of September, it is becoming apparent that most of the obvious venues (hotels) for an office Christmas party in and around Exeter are already fully booked for a Friday night.

If anyone has any suggestions for places not quite so obvious, they would be very greatly received.

Thanks

Chris

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Office Christmas Party 2010

have you tried looking at booking a small restaurant, please don't think i am employed by them-following my recent review-but what about asking somewhere like the conservatory if you could hire there for the night-obviously you would have to order the food, but something on that sort of line may be what you need?

Exeter Devon
Level Contributor
847 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Office Christmas Party 2010

The previous recommendation of The Conservatory would be ideal, however the maximum table they will do is for around 10 people. They do not cater for large parties. It is getting a bit late in the day for a Friday night. Try Rendezvous wine bar in Southernhay, the food is pretty good. Coal formerly Exeshed, Harrys or Strada might be worth considering, although they will only do food not music.Casa Italia formerly Ginos has recently reopened and if you don't mind Italian for christmas it's fine!

For the younger element Starz Bar seems popular, not my cup of tea!

Further afield you could try Sandy Park or Exeter Golf and Country Club. Hope that helps.

Bootle45

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
482 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Office Christmas Party 2010

Many thanks for your suggestions. We had been hoping for somewhere that would provide not just the food, but also mean we can dance the night away at the same venue. We have been to restaurant only places before and people disappear as soon as the meal is over. (sorry I should have made that clear before).

Whilst the Conservatory would be lovely for a Christmas meal, I am not sure it would provide that party atmosphere.

We went to Sandy Park last year - not impressed - they ran out of roast potatoes for those having the turkey meal and the DJ was rubbish. Golf & Country Club was already booked.

As it happens, it appears the Southgate Hotel in Southernhay can now accommodate us and that is where we are going.

Thanks again.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Office Christmas Party 2010

Hi

I had several Christmas office parties at The Devon Hotel. They have a disco to dance the night away afterwards. Food was really good too.

Price this year is about £26 I believe.

5. Re: Office Christmas Party 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 23, 2011