We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Brazil

Which Exeter hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Brazil

I am going on a business trip to Brazil. Is there any message the people of Exeter would like me to take?

You obviously have so much in common besides the football heritage that I am quite willing to deliver any missive from the Exeter brethren and especially Nottingham Monkey who is in hiding since surviving Wilma in Florida.

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Brazil

Something must be done to stop the Amazon forest disappearing and the Amazon river dwindling to a stream...

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Brazil

Thankyou Nolana,

I hope my visit will include hobnobbing with some local politicos but I don't want to start any political issues - I was thinking more of taking a few brochures about Bicton or local tourist spots. I even thought I might take a few pasties with me but I am not sure they will let me take them in. It will be getting it just right not too global and not too parochial. I think I have got it about right with Bicton because it is World famous anyway. Any other thoughts?

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Brazil

Take them some jaffa cakes....

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Brazil

What a suggestion to a Jaffa Cake addict (Jaffaddicts.com)Of course I would start out with good intent on teaching Brazilians about the custom of eating them 'Half moon' and 'total eclipse' but them I would smell them and that would be that. 'Hello Mr Brazilian would you like to look at my empty jaffa cake box'.

I think it needs to be more travel based and I could suggest that Rio is twinned with EXETER and then perhaps take on each others best traditions.

Rio could start pasty eating competitions and EXETER could have a three day carnival through the streets with floats and bunting and everything.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Brazil

I am afraid I did not reply to this post earlier because of business commitments. However all of my friends in Exeter will be pleased that i did actually make a comment to the business affairs manger in Manaos regarding what brazil was doing to the Amazon jungle. he was quite dismissive and told me to take more care of my own country or words to that effect. The one major success of the trip was to convince the locals of the joys of Jaffa cakes. They were seen to be some sort of aphrodisiac. I did not get that bit but my company has done an excellent deal to get Marks and Spencers Jaffa cakes (Currently on offer 2 for 1) sent down there on a regular basis.

Big oaks from little acorns grow.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Brazil

Marks & Spencer are doing a great deal on Jaffas. 2 packs for 99p

They are a different shape to the usual McVities and have a smoother texture of chocolate on the top. They seem smaller but once put in are a real mouthful.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Brazil

Thanks for your support Jenni - have you been to Exeter - it really is a fab place.

Exeter rocks man.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Brazil

No I have never been to Exeter but I have been to Loughborough.

Does that count? They do have an M&S there.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Brazil

During my trip to Brazil I spoke to many senior personnal in the diplomatic service and they were entranced when I told them about the goodwill being sent from the population of EXETER. They were very interested when I told them about the team working so hard to get back into the football league and of their links with Brazilian football and their silky style of play.

It was a beautiful visit made even better knowing i was carrying the goodwill of all you wonderful people of EXETER

10. Re: Trip to Brazil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:25 am, September 10, 2009