We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hen party ideas

Exeter, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Hen party ideas

Hi

I've hired Greenway (near Dartmouth) for a weekend for a Hen party and wondered if anyone had any suggestions for any activities. It can't be anything to adventurous as we have some pregnant women attending. So just something nice! Any suggestions welcome please! Thank you

1. Re: Hen party ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, November 21, 2012
Kentisbeare, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hen party ideas

Boat trip along the River Dart?

France
Level Contributor
685 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hen party ideas

It depends what time of year you'll be visiting but at any time there's no shortage of spas if you want pampering.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hen party ideas

greenway is beautiful...i assume you have taken the national trust apartments above the house?

it is perhaps one of the most idyllic locations in the west country...

it is QUIET lol very...when are you going?

it is reached by a long lane and nearest towns by road would be brixham, paignton and torquay

boat trips/ferries do call at greenway on the river dart which has its own boat quay from dartmouth/kingswear and totnes, all of which are cute

NT properties are nearby and english heritage has dartmouth castle.

dartmouth has a good number of eateries as does totnes

best you check the ferry company's that operate to greenway as that is your best mode of transport to/from the house.

a vintage bus operates as well.

a steam train railway also passes near the house which operates from paington to kingswear...

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
27,449 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hen party ideas

There used to be a large jewellery shop in Dartmouth that sold from the very desirable - to things you can afford. Perhaps someone can say if it is still there - I long to go back to it.

Definitely worth a look if it is.

London
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hen party ideas

Hi Jessica, me & some friends stayed at a place in Dartmouth last weekend called Harbour Heights it was really lovely & Dartmouth was a lovely place to visit. We went down to the harbour on the Saturday afternoon & had a walk & a late lunch at a local pub. One thing to bare in mind if heading down to Dartmouth is if your taking the ferry the last ferry goes at around 11pm. We've used a company now a couple of times for various friends hen parties who do cocktail making classes & they come to the accommodation called Jaminns, google them there really good. Hope this helps...

Okehampton, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hen party ideas

Agree with the poster who said 'dartmouth has a good number of eateries' although it;s a while since I've been there the Curved Angel was good.

A good day out is either steam train railway or a river trip from Totnes.

Adventure Activities in the region include: CRS adventures have a high ropes course (several in Devon area). TRy Yumping to search for adventure activities in the area. Hire a Bike and do the Drakes Trail.

Also try Zorbing or Archery for something different.

Try sea-fishing for fresh mackerel...if you're never tasted it before. My first one was off Dartmouth and it was fantastic!

8. Re: Hen party ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 05, 2013