We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East midlands airport - Airparks Closed

england
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
East midlands airport - Airparks Closed

Tried to book this off site airport parking via Airparks, but the site is closed.

The ground rent has apparently increased to £100k a year , so its been closed to new bookings.

Wether a new deal is in the offing i dont know .. neither did the gentleman i spoke to at East midlands Airparks.

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,532 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East midlands airport - Airparks Closed

East Midlands airport is in Leicestershire.

Derby
Level Contributor
171 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East midlands airport - Airparks Closed

Perhaps you would like to notify the official airport website it is in Leicestershire. Due to the DE postcode they have the postal address as Derby, which I am sure you are aware, unlike the OP who was merely seeking advice.

middle england
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,532 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: East midlands airport - Airparks Closed

Of course they have the postal address as Derby, as it has a Derby post code. All the surrounding villages do, too. But you surely must know (1) Post codes do not correspond to county boundaries (2) Immediately out of the airport on the A453 there are two large "Welcome to Leicestershire" road signs.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,636 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: East midlands airport - Airparks Closed

Anyway...the on-site parking has proved pretty good on many occasions that I have used it. Usually book it through APH for a good deal.

Derby
Level Contributor
171 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: East midlands airport - Airparks Closed

aardvark10 yes I do know. My point was and still is the OP and many other people don't, and furthermore rather than being so abrupt surely a simple 'you may wish to try the Leiestershire forum as well because .........' would have been more helpful. I think a large number of people would think the airport is in Derbyshire, or even Nottinghamshire?

middle england
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,532 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: East midlands airport - Airparks Closed

Yes, you're right, it was abit abrupt -soory!

Derby
Level Contributor
171 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: East midlands airport - Airparks Closed

That's OK. Apology accepted and I am sure appreciated by OP.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: East midlands airport - Airparks Closed

Definitely in Leicestershire though :-)

9. Re: East midlands airport - Airparks Closed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 16, 2014