We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maryport hotels

sw scotland
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Maryport hotels

Has anyone got any recommendation, for good places to stay within Maryport

Cheers

Gary

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maryport hotels

Does it have to be Maryport town centre gk or do you have a radius? A lovely place to stay near Maryport is Cockermouth and also Silloth. Let me know if you want further info on any of those two. If not I can ask around regarding Maryport (already I am thinking Ellenbank Hotel but I was last there 5 years ago so I have no up to date info - might be on here somewhere?)

sw scotland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Maryport hotels

D

I could really do with somewhere in the town centre, if at all possible, and wouldn't be to bothered about the type of accomadation

G

preston, england
Level Contributor
245 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maryport hotels

Me and a work colleague many years ago had to stop in Maryport.

The company booked the hotel on the left hand side of the road as you drive into the town from Cockermouth.

We booked in and looked at the rooms. They both stank of smoke, dirty bed clothes and my wardrobe had a couple of bricks in it to stop it falling over. I think it was a hostel rather than a hotel...

Needless to say we went downstairs and said we wouldn't be staying there. There was nowhere else in town so made a quick drive to Cockermouth and found a very good hotel next to an Italian restaurant. Sorry can't remember any of the names though.

Walnut Creek, CA
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Maryport hotels

Sounds like Maryport lodgings will be a challenge. Any further suggestions, perhaps for either Workington or Cockermouth? We will bae there on or about June 21st.

preston, england
Level Contributor
245 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maryport hotels

The hotel we stopped at with work was the Allerdale Court hotel.

Next door was an Italian restaurant.

I'm sure it would suit your needs.

Walnut Creek, CA
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Maryport hotels

Thank you for your thoughts.

We have booked ourselves into Armidale Cottage, a bed and breakfast near Maryport. Hope it works out for us.

Howard

Level Contributor
3 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maryport hotels

Armidale Cottage is in Seaton, a large, straggling village nearer to Workington than to Maryport, but it seems a pleasant-enough place to stay.

The aquarium in Maryport is interesting, as is the whole harbour; maritime and Roman museums; for food, try Cockermouth way - Trout Hotel; Pheasant Hotel at Bassenthwaite Lake and Bitter End Pub in town centre are all ok, especially the latter which is good for value and atmosphere.

8. Re: Maryport hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 02, 2009