We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tintagel Itinerary

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Tintagel Itinerary

Hi everyone,

I am planning on being in Tingatel for 2 days later this month. I really like to take time to connect to the energy of the land and connect with nature. Would love to get anyone's feeback...is my itinerary below realistic and will I be able to do everything I want, especially on Day1?

Thank you!

Itinerary:

Day 1 -

Tintagel Castle

Merline's Cave - Really want to see it at low tide

Walk from Tintagel to Boscatel

Visit witchcraft museum

Take bus back to Tintagel

Stay in Tintagel

Day 2

St Netctans Glen

Lunch

Rocky Valley & visit labrynth

Drive to Penzance to visit St Michaels Mount next day

7 replies to this topic
Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
9,437 posts
64 reviews
1. Re: Tintagel Itinerary

".is my itinerary below realistic and will I be able to do everything I want, especially on Day1?"

Yeah, that's doable. Have done the clifftop walk between Boscastle and Tintagel many times, although not for a few years.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Tintagel Itinerary

Great! How long did it take you to do the walk?

Thank you for your response!

Cheltenham, United...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Tintagel Itinerary

We generally advise using public transport to your destination (Boscastle) and walking back to base (wherever the car is for you). This removes possibility of no-show, or wanting to stay longer etc. The buses from Boscastle are at 16:14 and 18:14. If you would want to stay in Boscastle for the evening (preferable in my view) you could take the car there at lunchtime, bus back to Tintagel, then walk.

iwalkcornwall.co.uk/walk/boscastle_to_tintag… ... also gives Tide Time link

https://www.firstgroup.com/cornwall ... for bus timetable

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Tintagel Itinerary

Thank you so much Penmere - this is really helpful!

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
793 posts
70 reviews
5. Re: Tintagel Itinerary

On the walk from Tintagel to Boscastle you actually pass right through Rocky Valley so you can save yourself some time to do other things on Day 2.

The old water mill where the bronze age labyrinth carvings are are just upstream a couple of hundred yards from the coast path by a wooden bridge.

You will see all sorts of offerings hanging in the trees and in cracks in the rocks there.

The Coast Path guide book states the walk as 'Some slopes but fair walking' 4.7 miles..3.5 hours.

It is a lovely walk and if hot Rocky Valley is a nice place to cool off by the little river that flows down from St Nectans Glen

Level Contributor
33 posts
106 reviews
6. Re: Tintagel Itinerary

I am sorry to get back three days late, but I believe I can help you, provided that it isn't too late. Provided that weather is good, you will be able to do Tintagel Castle, which, by the way, is a good trip. I am unsure about tide times for Tintagel, so I advise googling it or buying a tide times booklet, which is located in various shops around the village. The walk from Tintagel to Boscastle is doable but hard, and as already said by somebody, you can go through Rocky Valley on the way there.

The Witchcraft Museum is excellent and a must see.

Check bus times for the way back, available in the Tintagel Visitor Centre, or, additionally, the Boscastle Visitor Centre.

Saint Nectans Glen is beautiful, and if you walk along the road to Boscastle the next day and swap it from Day One, you can go there, get a drink and food from the cafe and then head to Boscastle.

Again, Rocky Valley is extremely scenic, another must see, the labyrinths are located a short way upstream, as well as an old mill of some sort.

I have never been to Saint Michael's Mount, so I cannot advise about that.

Once again, sorry I replied 3 days late, I hope this helps you!

Cheltenham, United...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Tintagel Itinerary

Not much of this month left - if your visit is over the following week please check the bus timetables carefully as they change on 27th.

Reply to: Tintagel Itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted