We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re Carbis Bay Holidays 5* Accommodation

Luton Beds eNGLAND
1 post
Save Topic
Re Carbis Bay Holidays 5* Accommodation

has anyone stayed at the above accommodation can you please let me know if you have we are booked to go in August.

What is Carbis Bay like as well?

Thanks

Sharon

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Re Carbis Bay Holidays 5* Accommodation

Hello Yourself!

I understand it is a good location and the bay is lovely.

And of course is just of the centre of St Ives which is one of my favorite spots.

Lunch in the Tate looking over Porthmeor Beach.

Seafood Cafe on Fore Street was super last time I was there.

Look forward to hearing your own feedback when you've been

I'm sure someone will add some other info soon.

Cheers

Herts, UK
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re Carbis Bay Holidays 5* Accommodation

Hello,

Came back last week from a our 5th stay in Carbis Bay in the last 8 years - can't say enough about the place - the views are outstanding. Not too sure where you are staying, but we took an a self catering apartment adjacent to the train station, over looking the bay. Beach never gets crowded as the bay is not seen from the main road into St. Ives, so unless you know it's there it will not be discovered. Coastal walks either to St. Ives ( 25 mins ), or the other way to Lelant/Hayle are worth taking. Train link to St. Ives is only a 3 minute ride - do not take the car into town.

Anything else you need to know, please say. I also have some views of the area which I could email to you - get in touch at tips4u_pics@hotmail.com

3. Re: Re Carbis Bay Holidays 5* Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:40 pm, August 08, 2006
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Re Carbis Bay Holidays 5* Accommodation

Hi Sharon - what can we say about Carbis Bay Holidays - this is truly a paradise on earth! We are regular guests at Sheena & Alan Brindleys wonderful apartments (the owners of 4 apartments) and have now been going down 2-3 times a year over the past 4 years, in fact I beleive we topped the list for most frequent visitors!

The apartments are divine and maintained in showroom condiiton for each new guests arrival. They are beautifully furnished and well laid out wiht every attention to detail. I love buying a bunch of flowers when I arrive and there is even a vase in the apartment!

The sea views of Carbis Bay are just the most fantastic and I find them overwhelmingly beautiful. My partner says the ony time I am quiet is when I am staring out to sea at Godrevy lighthouse in the distance!

The Bay is lovely and very safe. We have been down at all times of year (eacept the obviously busy times of July & August) and we often have the beach to ourselves in early evening, even in mid June, it is never overcrowded. You should check out the blog site and other comments from people who go to these apartments on the tripadvisor site for St Ives.

When you go, check the visitors book in the apartments as they usually tell you lots of things like great plpaces to eat out and visit. We always go to La Casita at the top of the hill on the main road and of course Porthminster Beach Cafe in St Ives is a must - but expensive! Try Atlantic Waves on the main road into St Ives , not yet hit the peak for customers but food is great and restaurant newly done out. Carbis Bay Hotel great for lunch and cream teas but we used to stay ther before the apartments were built and we think the food is awful!

Hope all this helps. I guarentee you will love this place and return again and again! The Brindleys really care about their guests (as they refer to everyone who stays there) I have to say 'our' apartment, Azure is the only one for us but we have seen the others and they are all lovely.

Enjoy!

5. Re: Re Carbis Bay Holidays 5* Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, August 15, 2009