We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25 St Nicholas Court, St Ives

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
25 St Nicholas Court, St Ives

Hi, can anyone give me some feedback on this apartment please? The owner off 11 Sea View Terrace owns it and his B&B has got the best reviews I've ever read on tripadvisor and we wondered what the apartment is like in terms of location, quiet? Near local train station etc.

I'm a terribly light sleeper and worry that if we stay in an apartment other residents would come and go at all hours?!

Your comments would be much appreciated.

Lisa

Lichfield
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 25 St Nicholas Court, St Ives

St Nicholas Court is on the Porthmeor side of St Ives and I think some of the apartments overlook the beach there. Everything is nicely kept and I wouldn't have any problem staying there. If you do a Google image search for St Nicholas Court, St Ives, then you will see photos of the interiors and exteriors of the apartments there.

If you are travelling by train then this is on the other side of town but should take you 10 to 15 minutes to walk there. You would be well placed for all the restaurants, pubs and bars and the beaches and shops if you were to stay here.

Whether you would get disturbed or not depends on how light sleeper you are. I am very bad. If I stay anywhere I haven't stayed before, I take earplugs with me just in case. If I stay in apartment blocks I tend to try and stay on the top floor because noise from anything above me drives me mad. Obviously, it doesn't matter what kind of accommodation you stay in, if there are neighbours, neighbours will do whatever they are going to do. Generally speaking, more modern builds tend to have better sound insulation. I would guess that these apartments were sixties architecture so the sound insulation may not be the best. Hopefully, you will get a reply from someone who has stayed there as there are a lot of apartments in the building that are holiday lets. If you aren't sure, try asking the owner. I am sure they can give you more information. Nobody is going to want you to book their property if it is going to cause you problems.

Suzi

2. Re: 25 St Nicholas Court, St Ives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 20, 2014